Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What would you do - if it WAS your item?

To make this short and simple - a closed friend of mine (who happened to be a VERY big Steinersports supporter, for Yankees stuff mostly), is in a situation and the doesnt know where to turn!

He got an INTERESTING item from Steinersports - it has the AUTHENTIC LOA and hologram from Steiner BUT the MLB Hologram is a copy of the original!

This was from one of the milestone game for a Yankees pitcher.

Steinersports has been contacted and they have said to SEND the item in so they can fix it!

Would you SEND it back and hope that it is corrected?

Here is my take - I WOULD NOT SEND IT IN! Chances are they will LOSE it in the handling process and so forth. If they can misplace a JACKET or a BAT, they can misplace ANYTHING!

I would also contact Brandon himself and make an appointment in PERSON to have the situation rectify! Chances are the ORIGINAL item is not going to be found!

I would ask for an EQUAL replacement along with the SAME amount-replacement as in good will for the headaches!

If it was you - what would you do?

Re: What would you do - if it WAS your item?

I'm confused with "The mlb hologram is a copy of the original"? I'm guessing the player is Rivera?

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    I'm confused with "The mlb hologram is a copy of the original"? I'm guessing the player is Rivera?

You might know my friend then!

It is a Rivera!

Just called him about the item and told him about this post and your reply....

.. And his reply "I guess Steinersports do have membership with the forum also." And "Tell them to fix the problem".

Yanks, what is the chance that you ARE working for Steiner AND you are his personal rep?

No, I don't understand by what you guys mean by saying the mlb hologram is a copy of the original. What is it a copy of? What exactly does it say when you look it up online?

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    No, I don't understand by what you guys mean by saying the mlb hologram is a copy of the original. What is it a copy of? What exactly does it say when you look it up online?

Since steinersports is trying to correct the wrong, my friend asked me not to get into details and so forth.

Steinersports always been on the up and up with him - since he is one of their loyal customers. It is a very good chance that someone MADE a mistake - and now it is wait and see the mistake being corrected!

On MLB database - it is saying that it is AUTHENTIC and as such. But the hologram is NOT the actual hologram but a very good copy of it! Some might say, that the hologram is WORN and so forth - so the ink and color might fade! But it SHOULDNT be!

Quote Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
    On MLB database - it is saying that it is AUTHENTIC and as such. But the hologram is NOT the actual hologram but a very good copy of it! Some might say, that the hologram is WORN and so forth - so the ink and color might fade! But it SHOULDNT be!
    I don't know about anyone else, but my head just exploded.

Moving on...

Very confusing

It is very delicate situation as we speak, so they are handling it with care at the moment!

The only thing I am against, is sending the "item" back and hoping that it can be replaced. Chances for that happen is like Zero to None. So, why just send it and hope for the best, when you can hold onto it and DEMAND it in person to be correct and compensated!

The only thing is - it is INCONVENIENT for the buyer to get to the main office in NYC. So he is considering about sending the item back and hoping for the best. I told him that would be a bad idea! What if they LOSE it? He has NOTHING to hold them accountable for!

By the way, the item cost over $600 and it was PRE-ORDER months in advance!

I'm confused about the holo too...Are you saying Steiner sold an item with a fake holo?

Can't you send it in register post w/insurance?

Mark.