Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FAVRENVIKES09 - James R. Toler – SCAM ARTIST!! BEWARE!

James R. Toler – raytownkid09@yahoo.com– Favrenvikes09@yahoo.com

It’s sorry that it had to come down to this. I should havedone my homework on this piece of work individual before I sent money topurchase a Justin Morneau GU Bat. Thiskid was sent payment on 02/20/12; emailed me once on the same day that it wouldgo out that week. After numerous follow up emails the same week requesting thetracking number he sent me a BS email that he was hit by a drunk driver andthat it would go out that week. Another two weeks went by; no response toemails, no bat. PayPal claim has beenfiled. This kid should be banned off the board.

After doing research on this member after the fact itappears to be the same story that many GUU forum members went trough. Promises,lack of communication, excuses and no item received.
    Email: Tay1038@aol.com
    - Interested in Current & Vintage Minnesota Twins game-used memorabilia - Killebrew, Oliva, Carew, Puckett, Hrbek, Blyleven, Mauer, Morneau, Tom Kelly (Manager), Minneapolis Millers & St. Paul Saints

Re: FAVRENVIKES09 - James R. Toler – SCAM ARTIST!! BEWARE!

Thanks for the information; it is very valuable.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

He did the same to me on a Mike Williams Seahawks 911 jersey. I filed a claim a few days ago as well. I've bought some items from him in the past and have definately had some up and down transacations with him. He offered me the same bat BTW. This time I'm done with him and I would advise others of the same. Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice, shame on me...

Shawn
    www.gopherjerseys.com
    www.gridironheroes.net
    gridironheroes22@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gridiron Heroes View Post
    He did the same to me on a Mike Williams Seahawks 911 jersey. I filed a claim a few days ago as well. I've bought some items from him in the past and have definately had some up and down transacations with him. He offered me the same bat BTW. This time I'm done with him and I would advise others of the same. Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice, shame on me...

Shawn
    www.gopherjerseys.com
    www.gridironheroes.net
    gridironheroes22@yahoo.com
    That's funny, since I bought the same 911 Williams jersey from him two months ago. He claimed to have sold it to someone else and promised to return my money. He never did and I had to file a claim to get the dough back. I had no intentions of ever buying anything from him based on his prior transactions, but was told from two other forum buyers that he had come though. Not sure why this one went south and I'm not sure why he has not been banned...

He is a strange fellow as I bought a jersey from him the same time as Ozric and it was delivered straight away! I remember issues with him in the past with awful mailing habits but i got my GU Chris Hovan Bucs jersey in days of purchase...
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

I dealt with him last year and posted a warning about him. I purchased a jersey from him, sent a paypal payment and was told several times that it had been mailed. I filed a complaint with paypal and they froze his account. After I went public on this forum about him, he sent me the jersey complete with the COA. I would never do any more business with him -- he has a well established pattern of cheating people. I think it is time to ban this joker.

Although I agree with all of you on the amount of time and BS excuses he gives about why he couldn't ship, both times I bought from him he took about a month to ship. In the end though I got my stuff and got more valuable "freebies" than the stuff I bought was actually worth

While I have not dealt with Toler, I have had dealing with plenty of sellers who have an unending list of excuses. In the past, I used to be a nice caring person and let them string me along for a month or so...then I learned about Ebay and Paypal's timeline for making claims.

Many of the scam sellers know that if they can string you along long enough, that the clock will expire on you filing a claim or even leaving appropriate feedback.

Be safe and keep track of these timelines.