Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2011 WS jersey cut up?

This has long been a problem with the game used cards. "Event worn" jerseys and a mismatch of jerseys that do not match anything close to what the player ever wore. Very sad, but people love them.

Quote Originally Posted by commando View Post
    No worries. There's a disclaimer on the back that reads, "The relic on this card is not from any specific game, event or season, nor was it necessarily used during a World Series game."

Heck, the relic on this card may have not been in any specific game, event or season by the pictured player at all...
    Am I the only one here that thinks that makes sense? Or am I the only one reading it correctly?

Its to save them from frivolous lawsuits cause someone was demanding topps released when the jerseys where used. From what I recall they thought since the card from a set would say "Babe Ruth hit x amount of hrs in 27" that the jersey should be from 1927. And to save there rear from any nonsense from some banana the changed the wording.

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    I don't understand the card companies at all. How hard would it be to contact MLB and get permission to send a company representative to a team locker-room and get a jersey directly from the player?

I guess it's just me

Jim
    That would require the card companies to spend money, good luck with that.