Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gingi79
    • Aug 2007

2012 Win one for the Chipper!

Chipper Jones looks and sounds every bit as old as his 40 years. I personally don't see him finishing out the season so I am declaring on behalf of all Atlanta Braves fans that 2012 is the season they "Win one for the Chipper"

Am I alone in thinking Chipper is a first ballot HOF? Can't an argument be made he is the best switch hitter in history? He has no ties or rumors of Steroid use, 2 batting titles and a World Series win (and if not for Mariano Rivera, he might have 5 titles)

Just wanted to give baseball fans a heads up, this season will most likely be the last chance you have to see Chip play. Those screams of joys are coming from Mets fans as Jones spent so much time dominating the boys from NY, he named his son Shea.........
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

• coxfan
    • Feb 2009

Re: 2012 Win one for the Chipper!

Chipper'd certainly get my HOF vote, if I had one. Unfortunately, there are definite biases in HOF voting that have no basis in baseball performance. The fact that Chipper didn't play in New york, and offended some NYC-biased voters, will cost him some votes.

Comment

• flota89
      • Jul 2009

Chipper Jones is, in my mind, an easy first round HOFer.
      Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
      flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• ironmanfan
        • Sep 2005

I think he is a HOF'er as well, although I think both Mickey Mantle & Eddie Murray may have something to say about him being the best switch hitter ever...

Comment

• frikativ54
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by coxfan
          The fact that Chipper didn't play in New york, and offended some NYC-biased voters, will cost him some votes.
          How did he offend some NYC-biased voters? Am I missing something?
          Les Zukor
          bagwellgameused@gmail.com
          Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
          (617) 682-0408

Comment

• coxfan
            • Feb 2009

I recall that some years ago Chipper responded to heckling from Mets' fans with some candid public comments about them. I don't know that NYC journalists were offended. But some HOF voters have no problem allowing their personal likes or dislikes affect their voting. I hope that won't be a factor with Chipper.

Comment

Working...