Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Question JO Sports sentencing?

If I recall correctly, Jarrod Oldridge was supposed to be sentenced early this month. Has anyone seen or heard a result?

Dave Miedema

Re: JO Sports sentencing?

All I can currently find is the plea he signed.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/iln/pr/r...pr1121_01a.pdf

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    If I recall correctly, Jarrod Oldridge was supposed to be sentenced early this month. Has anyone seen or heard a result?

Dave Miedema
    Dave, don't you think if any news of this came out that it would be reported in Collector's Sports Daily by now? If I were you, I'd contact Jarrod and ask him the status. He even offers a toll free phone number so the call is free.

Here is his contact information:

3925 W. Cheyenne Ave.
    Suite 407
    North Las Vegas, NV 89032

Office: 702-463-4425
    Toll Free: 1-866-410-3860

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Dave, don't you think if any news of this came out that it would be reported in Collector's Sports Daily by now? If I were you, I'd contact Jarrod and ask him the status. He even offers a toll free phone number so the call is free.

Here is his contact information:

3925 W. Cheyenne Ave.
    Suite 407
    North Las Vegas, NV 89032

Office: 702-463-4425
    Toll Free: 1-866-410-3860
    Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by BU54CB View Post
    Seriously?
    I'm going to go out on a HUGE limb and say it was a joke...

My thoughts - when his sentencing goes down, WE WILL HEAR about it to the point of exhaustion. I'm sure it likely has been given a continuance date by the court but it hasn't been publicized as to when the sentencing will take place.

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    I'm going to go out on a HUGE limb and say it was a joke...

My thoughts - when his sentencing goes down, WE WILL HEAR about it to the point of exhaustion. I'm sure it likely has been given a continuance date by the court but it hasn't been publicized as to when the sentencing will take place.
    I agree with your thoughts, but I doubt the post was a joke IMO.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BU54CB View Post
    I agree with your thoughts, but I doubt the post was a joke IMO.
    If you could read my mind

I don't care why your opinion is, by the way on my post. I made my comment and take it as a joke or take is seriously, but if anyone wants to know, call the guy - He is still in business and should answer questions about his issues so people can feel conformable spending money with him, right?

And yes, I was confused why my friend Dave posted asking if anyone heard of the sentencing as I'm 99% sure as soon as it is made public, it will be all over this forum and Sports Collector's Daily. Also, I'm pretty sure Eric will come out of hiding and be the first to break the story.

I've found that game used collector's often enjoy research rather than waiting for somebody to write something up.

Accordingly, please know that court records are more often than not accessible at Pacer.gov. To the best of my recall, documents cost 10 cents a page and $10 worth of access quarterly is basically free to small individual users.

One of the neat things about doing your own research on Pacer is that you can see more filings than just those which may or may not be posted or highlighted elsewhere.

Personally, I've known all I need to know about JO for a long time. I haven't bothered to look to see whether some or all of this case's filings are sealed or not, because I don't care.

But for all of you, I hope sourcing court records electronically may help you to do whatever research you might want not only for this case, but anytime desirable in your lives.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    If you could read my mind

I don't care why your opinion is, by the way on my post. I made my comment and take it as a joke or take is seriously, but if anyone wants to know, call the guy - He is still in business and should answer questions about his issues so people can feel conformable spending money with him, right?

And yes, I was confused why my friend Dave posted asking if anyone heard of the sentencing as I'm 99% sure as soon as it is made public, it will be all over this forum and Sports Collector's Daily. Also, I'm pretty sure Eric will come out of hiding and be the first to break the story.
    I don't really care what your opinion is either, I took it as condescending and didn't think it was necessary.

I'd really be surprised that if you called JO that you'd actually get Jarrod. If he did actually get on the phone to discuss his issues with customers, I'm quite sure it would be a standard response crafted by his lawyers as he'd be foolish to discuss the case publicly while his case is still pending.

Not trying to stir this debate up but did anyone else get the email that they sent out? Everything being 40+ percent off and that all A tier players were pending purchase from a single person?