Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Possible altering of bats in question.Please look

Same bat.

Dolphin boy is teh suck.

Everyone else is right on - this is a match. How pathetic.

Tim

I was the original owner this Johnny Damon bat and I'm sad to see that it was altered for the sole purpose of selling it for more money! I sold the Damon BWP bat on ebay in January of this year to Michael Nardone, ebay username: dolphinboy. Below is the original listing when I sold it on ebay stating that it was a game ready bat:

Up for bid is a Johnny Damon game ready BWP bat from the 2005 season.

This Johnny Damon Model BWP-243 maple bat was lugged to the Red Sox's home dugout but did not see any game action. Visible on the barrel are bat rack marks including Fenway green colored rack marks, lite pine tar to the centerbrand. Johnny's uniform number #18 in gold ink on the end of knob and the cupped barrel. The bat measures 34 inches in length and was obtained from a clubhouse source.

This would be the perfect bat to get autographed by the new Yankee centerfielder and the best lead off hitter in the American league.

I accept paypal, cashiers check or money orders. Shipping is $15 US postal priority air in the USA only.

You can see that this is the exact same bat that I sold to dolphinboy, all the rack marks in red circles match up on the barrel photos and the yellow is where the bat was altered. Also the knob is numbered in gold with a stamped number 4 both the number and the stamped 4 match perfectly, you can also see a small white mark on the knob that matches in both knob photos.

Michael also has another ebay username: princesst72 and is currently selling a "game used??" David Ortiz bat on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:L:RTQ:US:1

Buyer Beware!!

Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images      

How do you any of you know that Johnny Damon didn't use the bat AFTER Bob sold the bat to dolphinboy, HMMMMM????

I would rather donate my money to a charity then buy something "game used" from Mike Nardone.

Quote Originally Posted by Oil Can Dan View Post
    How do you any of you know that Johnny Damon didn't use the bat AFTER Bob sold the bat to dolphinboy, HMMMMM????

I would rather donate my money to a charity then buy something "game used" from Mike Nardone.
    Oil Can,

Are you serious about Damon using the bat? That's a pretty lame!

Bobby

Banned

I look at his items for sale on ebay he has tons of Red Sox Jerseys for sale and a Manny Ramirez Game Used bat + David Ortiz Game Used bat + Alex Rodriguez Game Used bat

He listed the Manny Ramirez Cooper bat as "UN GAME USED"

The bat was purchased on ebay in August: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2000143 66799

I wouldn't doubt that this Cooper bat would have been altered if the sh*t didn't hit the fan! He's trying to vindicate himself after being exposed. http://cgi.ebay.com/MANNY-RAMIREZ-UN...QQcmdZViewItem

But we all know the truth he's a "FRAUD"!!!!!!!!!!

This is the third time I have seen a bat altered in recent years and I was the victim of one of those three. A Larry Walker (Cardinals) bat that I bought a few years ago from Jeff Sullivan on ebay, yes the same Jeff Sullivan who sells Cardinals items on this forum! Whoever does this, you need to stop! You are ruing the hobby for all of us and it's a hobby we truly enjoy, sooner or later it's going to catch up with you and your going to get caught!

Bobby

Well it seems unanimous.This guy is a fraud.If he is a member here he should be banned.Thanks guys
    jon

Banned

Well I sent him an email and I was extremely polite and just asking for informational purposes about his items and I said there is a rumor ( I never pointed out that it came from here ) about his stuff and that I would be possibly interested in bidding on his items.

This was his response:

"If you have any questions, don't bid. 99% of my items I sell not on ebay. If you take the word of an uninformed loser as fact, than there is no alot I can do for you."

Customer friendly at its finest!!!

Just to let everybody know I have left a voicemail on his cell phone and notified him regarding the situation on the website.
    I Have dealt with Mike before and in my opinion he was a good person to deal with.

Rudy