Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow

Banned

Wow

Haven't seen a deal like this on eBay in some time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...vip=true&rt=nc

Jim

Re: Wow

Not a football collector, but lampson LOA enough to keep me away, so I'm sure there's a problem somewhere with the item.

I think that is the real deal as don't think there is a big market for faking Irv Cross gamers (although that was a great price). I know Cross wore a MacGregor, bubble ear model early in his career with the Eagles. Later, he switched to a Mac MH 100 with the exterior padding while still with the Eagles and maybe later with the Rams too. (Robert would probably know.) I believe I know the seller so I will try to find out what happened to the auction.

Im the buyer and that price is not the final price ,the seller wanted to end the auction once we reached a deal ,but also wanted me to be the highest bidder before he would close it.
    He is a nice collector and its the real deal.i also contacted Robert in case he has a photomatch .
    I wish it was that kind of deal here haha.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Not a football collector, but lampson LOA enough to keep me away, so I'm sure there's a problem somewhere with the item.

Lou is not a rubber-stamper like Chris Morales or Justin Priddy. He actually knows an awful lot.

His LOA's, IMHO, should be treated almost as an afterthought, meaning they don't really mean anything.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Bruno89,
    Congrats on your purchase. I have a question for you when you get the helmet. If you could take a look on the interior (between the geodetic suspension or underneath the front and back pads) and see if you see any traces/outlines of Eagle wings. A lot of Macs were clearshells and if so the traces/outlines would still be visible as they were applied underneath the clear shell.
    Thanks and enjoy you have a great piece!

I will do that and let you know even thou i dont think in this case its a clear shell helmet ,but love the exterior padding attached to it,also thank you for the words Yosef777.
    Also if anybody out there has any eagles relics ,dont hide them away

Someone once compared a LL LOA to a MEARS A5 on a modern jersey. The jerseys details usually match up to a game issued, but there's no proof of game use. In that sense, a LL LOA does have some value.

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    Lou is not a rubber-stamper like Chris Morales or Justin Priddy. He actually knows an awful lot.

His LOA's, IMHO, should be treated almost as an afterthought, meaning they don't really mean anything.

Very true.
    Jim, why didn't you bid aggressively on this Philly relic?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Very true.
    Jim, why didn't you bid aggressively on this Philly relic?
    It was over too quickly. If the auction would have ran its full couse, I would have. However, it didn't happen that way and since I know the Buyer, he paid a good price for it and the way I see it, good for both of them.

As I've stated in other posts, I don't mind if a Seller ends a auction early to do a private deal. With eBay, there is always a "tomorrow" and sooner or later, something always comes along.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net