Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Angry You Know What Really Grinds My Gears - Selling on eBay!

I'm never one to gripe, and I don't list on eBay too often. But, it seems that EVERY TIME I do, the is always a group of schmucks that try to low ball my items, giving some lame ole excuse as to they bought something better, for cheaper from somewhere else.

I'm not a price gouger. I set prices with fair market value to begin with, expecting to receive reasonable counter offers. Yet these clowns continue to offer no better than half my list price, and then get pissed when I say the best I can do is knock off 35% of the list price...

I mean come on guys, this is a SALE - not UNICEF!

And that my friends, is what really grinds my gears

Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears - Selling on eBay!

You done?

You know this will never change so I don't know why you bother bizitching about it. You and I have had this discussion before, several times in fact, and the end result is always the same:
    as card-carrying Mensa members, we're WAY outnumbered.

Now, off your soapbox and get back in the gym.

gotta love the block bidder option.........
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

I love when trying to sell stuff and I put prices at what the same items have sold for in the past. Yet my auctions never receive the bids or money like the other listings.

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    You done?

You know this will never change so I don't know why you bother bizitching about it. You and I have had this discussion before, several times in fact, and the end result is always the same:
    as card-carrying Mensa members, we're WAY outnumbered.

Now, off your soapbox and get back in the gym.
    34 - Don't make me flex all over your parade! I'd hate to have to come down there and wreck your style! And FYI - I've already been today.

And yes, it's never going to change (like we've spoke about numerous times, and you the "ALMIGHTY" have enlighten me about)- I know this. Just about sick of the chit though.

Will you ever forgive my rant, Ole Mighty One?

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    34 - Don't make me flex all over your parade! I'd hate to have to come down there and wreck your style! And FYI - I've already been today.

And yes, it's never going to change (like we've spoke about numerous times, and you the "ALMIGHTY" have enlighten me about)- I know this. Just about sick of the chit though.

Will you ever forgive my rant, Ole Mighty One?
    I'm curious on what the item was, what you consider it's fair market value, and what the low ball number was. In this economy fair market is heading south, much like real estate, so what was low ball in the past is now fair market value.....

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    I'm curious on what the item was, what you consider it's fair market value, and what the low ball number was. In this economy fair market is heading south, much like real estate, so what was low ball in the past is now fair market value.....
    The item, nor the price is relevant. It's the fact that the clown was offering 5/8 of my asking price. That's an insult, by all accounts.

Not to mention when I dropped the price by 30%, he goes into his rant about how he picked up a similar item (different player) for $125 less.

Whatever dude...

In this economy fair market is heading south, much like real estate, so what was low ball in the past is now fair market value.....[/quote]

Tend to agree. Perhaps sad, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by rufusandherschel View Post
    Tend to agree. Perhaps sad, but true.
    We all know this. My prices are always adjusted accordingly.

I agree with your rant, because I feel the same way. Ebay has become a last ditch, desperate I really want something else so whatever if I lose $ on this effort for me.

I had a worn jersey on there I dropped $60 from what I paid, only to have people writing me offering an additional $30-40 less than my drop dead price! Keep in mind this was a low end price to start with (less than $200).

I even emailed them and told them look, I paid this amount for it, and am offering it to you for this. I am not desperate, but just want to buy something else. IT SIMPLY DOES NOT MATTER TO THEM! Then long after the auction has ended, the vultures will continue to email me and beg me to sell it to them at that insulting offer they made.

There gets a point where you would rather keep it then accept their BS.