Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Brett Favre Game Worn Cleats

i also agree with the others that the $$ bump when he's elected will likely only be minor. With big stars like Montana, Marino and Jerry Rice the only surprise would be if they weren't elected in their first year, so there is only minor to no boost when they were elected.

This thread is a perfect example of why I wanted to join the site. Such great opinions/information. You guys should seriously be proud of yourselves and this site!!! Great job and I look forward to being an active contributor for years to come!

John

We had a talk this weekend regarding the cleats an came to the decision that they will be sold.
    We decided that since no one in the family acquired them specifically for the reason we attached to them, and that none of us ever considered a 'shrine' to my honor father's death that we should just look at them as another collectable piece that we will sell.

So, does anyone have a recommendation as to where these can be sold?
    Private sale? (advertise where?)
    Auction sale? (which auction service?)

We also have a number of other autographed Favre items that are not game worn that we need to sell. These include jerseys, full size helmet, football, and some framed photos. All include COA's. Is there a reputable site to list these for sale or auction? Do you think the same service that handles the cleats would be interested in these?

Thanks so much for your insight, remarks and comments,
    Al

Re: Brett Favre Game Worn Cleats (w/Photo Match now)

I found a couple of photos of Favre durng the 11/16/03 Bucaneers game that show the 'turf shoes' match what I have as Game Worn items.
    I did learn that these are not called 'cleats' but rather 'turf shoes'.

I think I am ready to submit to an auction, unless someone wants to make me an offer I can't refuse.

Al
    Attached Images Attached Images   

They seem like a high-ticket enough item to be featured in a big auction. Hunt Auctions does the Superbowl auction every year, and I'm sure they would love to have them.

Lelands.com, hugginsandscott.com, legendaryauctions.com are just a few well known and reputable national auction houses that would auction your items, both the shoes and the autographs. They auction both game used and autographs. Someone mentioned Heritage, and they would be go too.

Smile Re: Brett Favre Game Worn Cleats

I have listed quite a few items with the Major Auction houses. I find that most of my items (especially shoes) will sell for @ 50 percent less than what I expect Them to sell for. A few weeks later someone will have them on eBay listed with a huge BIN.

Just a word of advice, be careful if these are important to you or you really need the cash. This thread has had hundreds and hundreds of serious football collectors view it and someone will go to you directly if the interest is high.

The other fact to consider is that you need to get it into a book 30 days early.....go through a 30 day auction....and wait 30 days to get paid if all works out perfectly. They will also keep @ 20% for their efforts regardless of what you realize for a price.

I'm not saying don't do it....I'm just saying be cautious as the result is not always what you expect. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Albertville Al View Post
    I found a couple of photos of Favre durng the 11/16/03 Bucaneers game that show the 'turf shoes' match what I have as Game Worn items.
    I did learn that these are not called 'cleats' but rather 'turf shoes'.

I think I am ready to submit to an auction, unless someone wants to make me an offer I can't refuse.

Al
    Are these a photomatch or just a style match?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Al,
    Shoot me an email at gwrosey@bloomer.net

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Are these a photomatch or just a style match?
    Unfortunately, I don't see any real obvious scuffs or stains on the shoes.
    Tough to photo match with little, if any distinguishing marks.

Brett says they're the same ones though.

Al