Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Items given to you by a player

Have you ever been lucky enough to have a player give you an item directly off there back ? I recently had a buddy of mine who also collects come look at a few new items i got and he noticed a yankees titanium necklace hanging on the wall and started asking me about it. I was given this item directly by my favorite player during 2009 and has been one of my favorite pieces. He was asking about the authenticity and all. I guess my question to you guys is has anyone ever had someone question something that was given to you directly by a player, and does it change your opinions about the piece? its still one of my favorite pieces in my collection and always will be.

Re: Items given to you by a player

I was given Brandon Flowers's gloves by him after the Green Bay game to end Green Bays undefeated season. I will never forget those gloves, as well as never sell them. I remember he turned around and pointed to me and told me he would sign my jersey after the game, I told him it was already signed and motioned for his gloves, he took them off ran over and handed them to me. I do not think someone questioning their authenticity would ever effect the value to me. Those gloves will always mean more to me then any other pair of gloves, and most of the jerseys I have. Brandon is my favorite player and I have quite a good collection of his items, but those gloves will always have a story behind them.

I've been VERY lucky over time to have acquired the majority of my collection directly from players - among the best being Peyton Manning's hat from the 10/30/2011 game v. the Titans, Kenny Britt's game jersey used in two games in 2011 from Kenny, and countless gloves and cleats (all in ziploc bags with the name, date used, team and position)

I agree w/ every poster so far in that there's a huge sentimental value and no way I'd ever sell anything given to me by a player, especially something I knew I could never replace.

That's the beauty of this hobby - we ALL have our cool stories of how we got stuff, what we got, our connections, and so on.

and, additionally, if someone questions it, who cares? You know it's real so it doesn't really matter unless you have to sell it, and then you may have to prove it is at least with some sort of photomatch, but if you aren't selling it, and you know its origin, and like the item, that's the only thing that really matters at the end of the day.

Josh Hamilton signed and gave this bat to my son. It was his game used bat from the 2010 World Series (game 3 inning 6).

------------------------------------------------
    Josh Hamilton gamers WANTED

NCBADGES@embarqmail.com

ACTS 4:10

Here are some of the items given to me by the players over the last couple years.

Cameron Maybin (Glove was given to me just last week)

Chase Headley

Heath Bell

Aaron Poreda

Tyler Yates

Clayton Richard bat, Scott Hairston gloves

These came directly from the players...

Gary Johnson jersey and shoes

Michael Griffin Titans cleats

I have been given the following directly from the players:

Glove:
    Roy Corcroan

Bats:
    J.R. Towles
    Clint Robinson
    Julio Borbon
    James Darnell
    Collin DeLome
    Tommy Manzella
    Val Majewski
    JD Closser
    Logan Morrison
    Buck Coats
    Curt Smith
    Russell Mitchell
    Koby Clemens
    Ian Stewart
    Willy Mo pena

Batting Gloves:
    John Gall
    Oswaldo Navarro
    German Duran
    John Lindsey
    Mark Saccomanno
    Collin DeLome

Hat:
    German Duran
    Jon Link
    Glenn Dishman
    Roy Corcoran
    Sergio Perez
    Joe Becker

Sunglasses:
    Jon Link

I bought my Brett Ronenberg Australian Baseball League jersey's directly off him.

Really nice bloke. I missed out on his WBC jersey he was ebaying and he sent me all of the above. I had also met him at an Australia vs Canada game and gave him a heap of his trading cards. Really down to earth.

Mark.

Honestly, about 80% of my game used/issue collection is given to me by the players. One man's junk is another man's treasure.

-Desi