Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Photo Match ???

Photo Match ???

What is the best way to photo match NFL cleats? I have found pics on Getty images. But they are just to far away to pick out any clear detail. I have read that cleats are one of the hardest items to photo match. Any info will help. Thanks

Re: Photo Match ???

Sry these are the cleats in ?Name:  Ryan Clark Shelf.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  93.8 KB

If im asking questions the wrong place will someone please let me know.

Cleats are tough to match, the photographers are focusing on the upper body. Plus, a player may wear more than one style a season. If you can find the exact same style the odds are better he wore them.

Here is the Pic from the AFC Championship game. I guess i was really trying to find a pic where the paint is wore off the same or something like that. Does this fit enough to be a photo match? I am new to the GU world just trying to learn.Name:  shoes.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  178.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by snick33 View Post
    Here is the Pic from the AFC Championship game. I guess i was really trying to find a pic where the paint is wore off the same or something like that. Does this fit enough to be a photo match? I am new to the GU world just trying to learn.Attachment 62616
    The key to matching cleats is starting with a style match,which you have already done. A player like Clark is hard to get since he is not a ball carrier or the primary player on the Steelers "D" like Polamalu or Harrison are.

Since this was the AFC Championship, you should try to get NFL Rewind (which is HD) or even a Blu Ray for the 2010 team (being they made the Super Bowl I assume they would make one). You would have alot more opportunities to do a screen capture throughout an entire game .

Due to the lack of Getty detail I wouldn't call it a photo match. The they are clearly very similar.

One problem trying to photo match shoes, is players often have them taped.

I would say there isn't a photo match (due to lack of detail), but that the photos are supportive evidence. Supportive means it doesn't prove the identity/authenticity, but helps support the contention.

Thank you guys this is exactly what I thought I would hear. Im going to try the few things suggested. There are a lot of details in the shoes I just need a closer pic or video. The shoes were bought from Jo Sports. Thanks again Always like to learn as much as i can about the hobby.