Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Rockies' Guthrie Off Day Catch

Thought this was worth the 5 minute read. Jeremy Guthrie put out on Twitter about wanting to play catch on an off day and a fan responded and got the chance to toss around the ball at Coors' Field. Turns out the fan had just learned that morning he was given a clean bill of health after suffering from cancer.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7...ter-friendship
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Re: Rockies' Guthrie Off Day Catch

Great read. Guthrie was a class act when he was here with the O's and it's great to see that things haven't changed in Colorado.

Drew

That's amazing, it really is. There are some GREAT guys out there that really DO care about fans that should overshadow people like Tom Brady, Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant and so on and so forth who wouldn't take the time of day to acknowledge "normal" people.

I've never met Jeremy Guthrie but WHAT A CLASS ACT - so many people (athletes or otherwise) simply don't realize what feels like a small gesture to them could mean the world to someone else, and really make a huge impact in someone's life.

You can count me among the people who will align themselves under "Guthrie fans" after reading this.

In 1993, I was lucky enough to have a catch with Kelly Gruber as a spoiled kid. Stuff like this reminds me sometimes otherworldly talent sometimes comes with true class.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com