Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Michael Jordan Game Used Jersey in Mears Auction

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    Orso emailed me repeatedly, as well as a friend, trying to get both of us to bid on it. He told us that he consigned it. I trust little of what he says, but that is what he told us.
    Yea, I didn't know who the heck he was emailing me back in late Feb/early March with the 1st 1989 MJ he was consigning that later in my discussion with Troy, he pulled. I have no clue how he even knows me/emailed me, but I presume he is still "trolling" this forum looking for all GUU members who probably once posted about MJ jerseys. LMAO!
    Guess you, your friend and I, as well as numerous other GUU members were emailed by him.

After that one was pulled citing the incorrect owner/originator of that MJ 1989 jersey, he emailed me twice after saying I should buy it outright from him. Fat chance buddy!

That's why I was surprised to see ANOTHER MJ 1989 jersey in the very next MEARS auction (the current one) and asked Troy about it and why no MEARS grade letter. I stated above in my earlier post why Troy didn't, but it still concerns me.

The jersey is current at $9k still... Ooofa.. That's $9k buying an unknown jersey IMO... The jersey style matches 2 Getty images and another site I found, but to pinpoint an exact game photomatch is next to impossible unless you had every single 80+ games that year and HD quality images. That's why I love Meigray, if they could do it!

The bidding got pretty aggressive soon after this thread started, from what I saw. And that lead bidder is paying now about $11k all in too.

Looks like Mears has even more MJ items this month. I remember GF once had a pair of the UNC shorts but forgot what they went for. Anyone remember?

http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.co...x?category=117

Banned

Eh. Anything Jordan I would not touch with a 10 foot pole. There are just so many fakes and the prices on even questionable stuff are so high that it is just not worth it. I am a huge basketball fan but I have consigned myself to the fact that some jerseys I will just never own and Jordan is on that list. The only way I would consider one is if it was from UDA or consigned directly by him to an auction.