Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Michael Jordan Game Used Jersey in Mears Auction

Re: Michael Jordan Game Used Jersey in Mears Auction

Looks really good.. I think someone on this forum once owned it..

Banned

MEARS has somebody's holy grail here. Great jersey with proper Sand-Knit sizing...MJ didn't go to 46 + 3" until Champion took over the NBA uniform contract.

Dave Miedema

Is the year tag in the right spot, all the pictures I found online of other jerseys had the year tag higher and 3 "??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA23 View Post
    Looks really good.. I think someone on this forum once owned it..
    The jersey is owned by former GUU member, Stephen Orso. Do you know him?
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by worldchamps View Post
    Is the year tag in the right spot, all the pictures I found online of other jerseys had the year tag higher and 3 "??
    I actually emailed Troy about this over the weekend and he said it's not a problem, as he's seen it all kinds of ways. Although, if you Google search 1989 MJ auction jerseys, you'll get 5 or 6 auctions in the last several years where the +2/+3 has been near the top of the 'Designed' tag. Odd, but I guess it's ok.

Is this from Stephen Orso? He's the one that had the 89 MJ in MEAR's last auction in March and Troy pulled it when I asked him the source. Orso also emailed me several times previously wanting me to buy it after it was pulled. The current jersey is not the same exact jersey, but Troy did say this past weekend that the consignor said the current jersey "originated from a famous person". However, Troy confirmed it did not originate from a famous source, but stated it's still a good piece and that since the auction came up quick, he didn't have time to MEARS grade it.

IMO, if it's from Orso again, I dunno. Vintage sig is nice tho.

Good luck on the bidding! Already $9k!

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    The jersey is owned by former GUU member, Stephen Orso. Do you know him?
    Stephen has been trolling the Forum, Ebay etc. for years under multiple emails and Alaises. He likes the high end GU items.

Interesting! So, the provenance trail is either unknown or the owner/auction house is unwilling to disclose it.....or there are discrepancies on the jersey's "story"? I can tell you one thing I noticed right off the bat about charcateristics of the sig on the jersey that Michael HIMSELF told me personally, but that will be kept between me and MJ, as it was shared in confidence. Can't this jersey be photo-matched with the unique markings found around it? I don't get it.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    Stephen has been trolling the Forum, Ebay etc. for years under multiple emails and Alaises. He likes the high end GU items.
    Correct -- he has been banned from both GUU and eBay multiple times.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    I actually emailed Troy about this over the weekend and he said it's not a problem, as he's seen it all kinds of ways. Although, if you Google search 1989 MJ auction jerseys, you'll get 5 or 6 auctions in the last several years where the +2/+3 has been near the top of the 'Designed' tag. Odd, but I guess it's ok.

Is this from Stephen Orso? He's the one that had the 89 MJ in MEAR's last auction in March and Troy pulled it when I asked him the source. Orso also emailed me several times previously wanting me to buy it after it was pulled. The current jersey is not the same exact jersey, but Troy did say this past weekend that the consignor said the current jersey "originated from a famous person". However, Troy confirmed it did not originate from a famous source, but stated it's still a good piece and that since the auction came up quick, he didn't have time to MEARS grade it.

IMO, if it's from Orso again, I dunno. Vintage sig is nice tho.

Good luck on the bidding! Already $9k!
    Orso emailed me repeatedly, as well as a friend, trying to get both of us to bid on it. He told us that he consigned it. I trust little of what he says, but that is what he told us.