Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: New Logos

Banned

Exclamation New Logos

These for the just-relocated Brooklyn Nets:

Dave Miedema

Banned

Re: New Logos

I am from Brooklyn New York and been waiting for the day for us to get our own true major professional team. Not just a minor league team.
    And was even more excited when the news broke some time ago that Jay Z (a Brooklyn native) was part owner and going to help in bringing the Nets to Brooklyn.

But when I saw these New Logos for the team. My jaw dropped!!

I dont care what anyone says and most have been positive compliments on them. I think they are absolutely horrible.

I was expecting an Old School "B" like from the Brooklyn Dodgers with a modern twist.

Instead the best they could come up with is a Black White B inside a basketball???????
    It makes me think of watching the game on a black and white tv in the 40's or 50's

Is that the best, most creative they could come up with???

If I were them I would ask for there money back from the advertising agency!!

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    I am from Brooklyn New York and been waiting for the day for us to get our own true major professional team. Not just a minor league team.
    And was even more excited when the news broke some time ago that Jay Z (a Brooklyn native) was part owner and going to help in bringing the Nets to Brooklyn.

But when I saw these New Logos for the team. My jaw dropped!!

I dont care what anyone says and most have been positive compliments on them. I think they are absolutely horrible.

I was expecting an Old School "B" like from the Brooklyn Dodgers with a modern twist.

Instead the best they could come up with is a Black White B inside a basketball???????
    It makes me think of watching the game on a black and white tv in the 40's or 50's

Is that the best, most creative they could come up with???

If I were them I would ask for there money back from the advertising agency!!
    Finally somebody agrees with me.

With all the independent artists and such in Brooklyn that could have come up with something better, they do this?

Pretty weak. If that's a kid's school project, you just know that "little effort" will be written in the comments section.

Obviously, the ABA ball is not in play, but they could have used the Nets script from back when they were the NY Nets.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzick View Post
    Finally somebody agrees with me.

With all the independent artists and such in Brooklyn that could have come up with something better, they do this?
    Agreed and agreed. I kept waiting to see the "color" or final version of this logo, and when I realized THIS WAS IT? I was underwhelmed.