Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

You Coulda Had It- Eric Gregg MLB Umpire Travel Trunk w/ Contents

Here's something we did at the old gameusedforum.com site called "You Coulda Had It."
    We'll occassionally profile something interesting that went for auction that you may have missed
    Check out this Eric Gregg Umpire's Trunk full of Umpire Equipment. You Coulda Had it for $382!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Eric-Gregg-MLB-U...QQcmdZViewItem

Re: You Coulda Had It- Eric Gregg MLB Umpire Travel Trunk w/ Contents

Interesting array of stuff. In similar items, some umpire is auctioning on E-bay his line-up cards from various games. Does anyone know who it is cause it's not mentioned on the description where they come from.

Banned

Wow, that lot would have been pretty cool, then again didn't Eric Gregg weigh like 350 pounds? Those might be some large clothing.

At first I thoght he was the umpire that used to be a professional wrestler, then I remember it was Ken Kaiser who was the wrestler in the off-season early in his career.

Where's the donuts?

John

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerfan65
    Where's the donuts?
    Ask a cop?

Funny you say that, we were talking about Claire Parker (was that her name) for becoming a household name because of the "Where's the Beef?" commercials years ago. Then again, I guess Dave Thomas became a household name because of the Wendy's commercials also.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent
    Ask a cop?

Funny you say that, we were talking about Claire Parker (was that her name) for becoming a household name because of the "Where's the Beef?" commercials years ago. Then again, I guess Dave Thomas became a household name because of the Wendy's commercials also.

Hey! I resemble that remark.....but we dont all like donuts. That stereotype is old and outdated.......besides, now we have cookies, chips, and left over Halloween candy....so many more opportunities. Oh and by the way, the beef lady was Clara Peller, not Claire Parker.

Getting back to the trunk, for $400, I think that was a steal. Wasn't Gregg the ump that died during a game?

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy
    Hey! I resemble that remark.....but we dont all like donuts. That stereotype is old and outdated.......besides, now we have cookies, chips, and left over Halloween candy....so many more opportunities. Oh and by the way, the beef lady was Clara Peller, not Claire Parker.

Getting back to the trunk, for $400, I think that was a steal. Wasn't Gregg the ump that died during a game?
    Vintagedeputy,

You're thinking of John McSherry. Eric Gregg and his mile-wide strikezone was in the back pocket of the Florida Marlins during the '97 Braves/Marlins playoffs. I still hate that guy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skipcareyisfat
    Eric Gregg and his mile-wide strikezone was in the back pocket of the Florida Marlins during the '97 Braves/Marlins playoffs. I still hate that guy.
    Eric had a very large back pocket, I would have thunk if he was crooked it would have made the news, kind-of like the 1919 Chicago White (Black) Sox.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent
    Eric had a very large back pocket, I would have thunk if he was crooked it would have made the news, kind-of like the 1919 Chicago White (Black) Sox.
    He ate the evidence.

Clara Peller and John McSherry -

"During the opening game of the 1995 season, umpire John McSherry collapsed and died behind home plate in Cincinnati."