Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Dallas Cowboys Blue Jerseys

Hey guys,

I recently emailed the Dallas Cowboys Equipment Manager Mike McCord and asked him how many blue jerseys the players wear during the course of the season. Since I was trying to narrow down my photomatch search on a 2007 Witten gamer I figured that info may help. Heres his reply

"As far as the blue jerseys are concerned, we generally order 2 jerseys for each player, however they normally only wear one for the limited games that we wear blue jerseys during the season."
    Mike

Anyway, I thought this was helpful and figured this was good info to share with you Cowboys collectors.

Re: Dallas Cowboys Blue Jerseys

Sounds right.. you barely ever seen them wear them, so no need to have too many issued.

Very interesting Mike....Any idea if the Blue Jerseys carry a higher value than Whites? Any idea how often they wear the throwbacks in a season?

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    Very interesting Mike....Any idea if the Blue Jerseys carry a higher value than Whites? Any idea how often they wear the throwbacks in a season?
    I just asked Mike McCord the one question about the blue jerseys not the throwbacks. I have a Witten blue from 2007 that I was hoping was worn against the Eagles during his "no helmet" play. I am assuming the throwbacks may be the same though since the 2nd jersey is probably used as a backup in case the other is ripped, etc... As far as I know the throwback jerseys are typically only worn on Thxgiving day but I do recall them wearing them twice in 2009 against the Chiefs and Raiders (Thxgiving)

As far as the value, I hope not since I am waiting to see if you ever decide to sell your Romo JK

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by hfd0035 View Post
    I just asked Mike McCord the one question about the blue jerseys not the throwbacks. I have a Witten blue from 2007 that I was hoping was worn against the Eagles during his "no helmet" play. I am assuming the throwbacks may be the same though since the 2nd jersey is probably used as a backup in case the other is ripped, etc... As far as I know the throwback jerseys are typically only worn on Thxgiving day but I do recall them wearing them twice in 2009 against the Chiefs and Raiders (Thxgiving)

As far as the value, I hope not since I am waiting to see if you ever decide to sell your Romo JK

Greg
    I forgot to add that the blues are known as "the bad luck blues" so I dunno if that helps or hurts the value....