Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loyality

Loyality

So I only collect Pittsburgh Steeler and Notre Dame Football items now. I really like the Game Jerseys. But Steeler jerseys are kinda out of my price range. I was thinking about collecting some Notre Dame players that made it pro. From other teams around the league. Anyone else do this? I kind of feel like a traitor if I would. By the way I don't own any jerseys yet but I got the itch. Any input on collecting would be great thanks

Re: Loyality

Ya, it makes you feel kind of dirty. That's why I sold all my ex longhorn nfl jerseys. I'm sticking to college items only. The only nfl game used items I collect are cleats of ex longhorns since they don't have any team logos.

My loyalty stays with the player (especially since I collect local kids that go on to play). Whatever team is willing to draft them and give them a chance is AOK in my book.

As I was taught; you gotta love the game, not any team....because you never know where you might land.

I was strictly miami hurricanes jerseys but i follow wherever willis mcgahee goes since he's my #1 priority in my collection. as a fins fan, if he happens to go to the jets or bills, so be it (as much as it pains me to own one) ...

I am a huge buccaneers fan and Michigan State fan. While I have about 30 Bucs jerseys, my main focus is getting a Michigan State alum from every team. As you say, Steelers is near impossible, but am getting there with many other teams. I figure maybe some day I can donate it back to the university or something, but I am a MSU fan first so don't think I am dissing my Bucs by having the jerseys... here is my MSU collection if you wanted to get an idea if its something you would want to do...
    www.photobucket.com/msugameworn
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

I actually collect NFL jerseys of former ND players and have about forty to fifty at this point. I have a small collection of ND jerseys as well. My other areas of collecting are team collections so it is a nice way to be able to display jerseys from a variety of teams while still keeping with a theme. On top of that, it is almost impossible to find pre 2000 Notre Dame jerseys from a lot of the popular players of the 80s and 90s.

Could always wet your feet with any older retail jersey. Maybe taboo to say on a Game Used board, but some of the older ones are quite comparable to game jerseys and display well.

Something like this. Although, I've seen these older Steelers retail jerseys sell for more than some current (non-Steeler) game used jerseys.

I collect game used Pro jerseys from former Eastern Michigan University players...I have about 75 jerseys in my collection.

Thanks for all the input guys. I guess I just want to bump up the collecting. I only have a pair of cleats and a poss Game helmet. It was just too cool to pass up and I think I bought it from a member on here. But whats a reasonable price for jerseys? I know it depends on a lot of diff things. I know ND'S on Steiner are around 400. Any info would be much appreciated. I've been trying to read old forums.

The prices for Notre Dame gamers is certainly variable - however, gamers from the last 10 years can be had for $100 to $150 a piece for a walk on or even second string player in the secondary market. Notre Dame jerseys of players who made it in the NFL or starters who have a significant amount of game wear will go for considerably more.
    -Mike

Always looking for Notre Dame memorabilia
    Private messages ARE enabled