Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

How to repair bats

Hi there i have a game used bat that i really wanted to repair. But today i decided to see if i could still photomatch the game used bat, but for some reason i flipped it and try and catch it on the barrel and i misssed and hit my dresser. ( I know people may call me dumb but I don't care) So know where the broken piece of the bat was is broken more to the point to where it will come off. Can anyone help me repair it like what kind of glue do I use and do i go ahead and take off the falling piece and glue it on there.Thanks

Re: How to repair bats

I usually use an Elmer's wood glue, but I rarely do my own repairs. If it's a bat that's important to you, I'd suggest having it done professionally.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

I mean the bat is my first game used bat ever and its from the independent league

I'm not the best guy for repair advice. I'd use Elmer's wood glue and lots of clamps. If its a flat crack, you can glue and clamp, then let dry overnight. Other cracks are more challenging. I'm not much help on those. There are some guys on here that are great at repairs. Hopefully a few of them will chime in. Good luck!
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Post photos and maybe we can help you better. A picture is worth 1,000 words.

I repair all of my broken bats with Elmer's and clamps but I won't the crack to still be visible. It shows the demise if the bat but still allows friends or myself to handle it or swing it.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com