Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Diplay informational placecards

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    does MPIC.com mail out the order? do you have the link to the metallic paper you used? thanks in advance

i would like the template also if possible. did you use a Word document format or something supplied by mpic.com
    Actually I used Photoshop to create JPGs that I could send to the photo printer... My wife thinks I should have used PowerPoint, oh well.

Here is a link to mpix.com and their paper and print options. MPIX is a retail division of Miller Professional Imaging, which is a very highly respected print shop for professional photographers, dating back to like the 1930s and not just website a digital printer running in the corner.

Lets just say, MPIX is incredible. I uploaded and ordered about 10 prints (including these placecards, some Hawaiian landscapes, etc) on Friday around 11am, they were in the mail Friday afternoon and on my doorstep Saturday afternoon.

Their shipping and packaging can't be beat, especially my big poster size prints they cover in foam wrap, then plastic wrap then tape to a cardboard sheet and place in a larger box. I am always amazed at how fast and safely they ship. And their quality, especially on something like a 20x30 landscape is better than any other printer I've used.

Anyhow, thats my testimonial on mpix, here is the link I said I was providing a couple paragraphs ago.

http://www.mpix.com/products/prints/#papers

As for the template, I don't mind sharing it. I need to clean up a couple things first, then I'll send it out. But it will only work if you have Photoshop, because its is .PSD file which is a Photoshop Project extension. You have to save as a .jpg before sending to the print shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

I have photoshop

This thread inspired me to update the look of my placards; include some more information about the item and give it a more put-together look. Had another free weekend last week, so came up with this...

campwest,
    Do you think 3x5-8x10 photos will come out better from MPIX than your
    ordinary instant photo Kodak kiosk that they have at CVS, Cosco, etc?
    Thanks
    Goh Nishiyama

Always buying Japanese Game Used Memorablia

gnishiyama@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationPDX View Post
    This thread inspired me to update the look of my placards; include some more information about the item and give it a more put-together look. Had another free weekend last week, so came up with this...

Very nice (and this coming from a life-long Chargers fan). I like the incorporation of the photo match.

I have been working feverishly this morning on a new template. MPIX has a 15% off everything sale going on this week, so I might try to get a big order in here pretty soon.

This new template is a very similar design to the previous one, but is 5x7 to allow for a more substantial presentation and incorporation of photos for photo-matched or style-matched items or a simple player portrait. Same design, layout and fonts. And will likely again print it to a metallic paper. I've printed a couple tests and the 5x7 seems pretty big, at least next to a bat. Might go with a 4x6 for bats and save 5x7 for jerseys.

Open to critiques if you think something could be improved. I personally like the blue and grey as most of my collection is Royals stuff. I might swap out the colors if I make a placecard for a player from another team.

BTW, love what you did there RaiderNation... I've been considering incorporating a team logo as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

and one more design with a single vertical picture... I decided to go with 4x6" for all of these. That size seemed a little better when displayed with bats and gloves. 5x7 seemed a little bit too big. 5x7 might work better with a larger item like a jersey. I've created files for most of my photomatched Billy stuff that can be attributed to Doubles, HRs, awards and other accomplishments. I'll post back again after I get some prints in with this round of placecards.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Before you print them, bat is misspelled toward the end of the Billy Butler one. Very cool though, I wonder if you could put a Royals logo faded behind everything.
    Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by DJaeger22 View Post
    Before you print them, bat is misspelled toward the end of the Billy Butler one. Very cool though, I wonder if you could put a Royals logo faded behind everything.
    thanks... good catch! I caught that when I made the second and had to go back and redo it... grrr. I wish Photoshop had spell check.

What's that old saying? A picture is worth a thousand misspelled words.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Very nice updates. Thanks again for sharing your template. I used it to create my own place cards and the company you recommended was incredibly fast. Cutting them was tricky for sure. A solid background for the entire sheet, like you noted, would have helped, but I am completely lost in Photoshop. I may have to "upgrade" to your larger layout for a few!

Scott