Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Diplay informational placecards

I did not feel like working on the work I brought home from work this morning, nor like yardwork. So instead I worked on some of my game used bat photo composites and then decided to design an informational placecard to use with my displayed game used items that are photomatched, unique, historic, etc.

The topic of informational placecards for displays has come up several times before, so figured I'd share where I was at on this project.

I've created this template in Word. Size is 2.5" x 3.5", which is baseball card size. I figured the size could allow me to place them in baseball card holders and on baseball card stands.

Clearly, I am not a graphic designer, so these are nothing too fancy. I am considering adding team logo or maybe a small picture of the item, but for now this is where I am, pretty basic and simple...

I'd love to see any samples of what others have created or here any ideas or feedback on my work in progress.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Re: Diplay informational placecards

Not sure why I thought Word was a good idea... I switched to Photoshop, here is my new design...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Some (low-res) examples of placards I've created for items; I use standard sizes for each type of item that are meant to fit inside their respective cases/cubes. Had a free afternoon a year or so back, so like you're doing, I whipped up something to give my collection a more put-together look.

Jersey placards are 5.5" x 8.5", football is 2" x 7" and baseball is 2.875" x 0.75".

I put the career bio of the player with the jersey for the simple fact that most all of them elicit a reaction of "who the f*** is that?" from people seeing it. On my budget, I'm not exactly buying first-stringers.

Great idea guys.

I decided to whip something up really quick for my latest pick up. Nowhere close to being done but it's a start.

Always looking for Curt Schilling
    http://www.curtschillingcollector.com

I use placecards for everything in my collection. Ever since I first started adding them to my cases, it changes the look dramatically and can give a more museum-like look to it.

All of these look excellent!! Great job guys
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

I actually got something done in a reasonable time frame...

Last Friday I uploaded and ordered a printout of a first test. I was able to fit eight 2.5"x3.5" placecards on a single 8.5x11" print.

Name:  pc1.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  264.0 KB

I printed at MPIX.com for $3.99 on metallic paper. And I had the print mounted on single weight matboard for an extra $3.50, so all told, roughly $7.50 in the placecards, or 94 cents each.

I then had to cut the individual cards out of the sheet with a crummy old paper cutter. I would recommend not leaving the white space between the cards, as it makes trimming a tad more challenging.

Name:  pc3.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  196.9 KB

The single weight matboard was a good call, though it made trimming a bit more difficult it definitely will aid in mounting the placecard or displaying it on a baseball card stand.

Name:  pc4.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  229.1 KB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Metallic paper was definitely the way to go, makes it look a lot cleaner and professional.
    Colors look good too, as the grey looks chrome-ish from the paper.
    Nice work!!
    -Randy
    rborrero14 at gmail.com

Can you post or email the template you used?

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    I actually got something done in a reasonable time frame...

I printed at MPIX.com for $3.99 on metallic paper. And I had the print mounted on single weight matboard for an extra $3.50, so all told, roughly $7.50 in the placecards, or 94 cents each.

The single weight matboard was a good call, though it made trimming a bit more difficult it definitely will aid in mounting the placecard or displaying it on a baseball card stand.
    does MPIC.com mail out the order? do you have the link to the metallic paper you used? thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by marzomarz View Post
    Can you post or email the template you used?
    i would like the template also if possible. did you use a Word document format or something supplied by mpic.com
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.