Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Bagwell WS Jersey - 2009 Grey Flannel

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Joel:

Since you have been specifically told not to add political commentary to your signature, it's only fair that I refrain from doing so myself in the future.

Dave Miedema
    Thanks, Dave. Our votes will cancel each other out anyway.

Also, I wasn't going to get political on the forum, but when I saw you doing it I asked because of you using that slogan a few weeks ago and I received the reply you saw above.

As for user: Fnazxc0114 - I have no clue what you stated in your post, maybe you should learn how to type if you are going to try to insult someone because whatever you typed made no sense.

I don't mind those who support candidates that I don't. It's like religion, I don't mind if you worship a different god than I do - Just keep it to yourself.

Question Re: Bagwell WS Jersey - 2009 Grey Flannel

Quote Originally Posted by AstrosGU View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone from this site happened to end up with the Bagwell WS jersey in question. I am not concerned with anyone's political views.

The Astros did not slap WS patches on all the 2005 jerseys they had, however, the Bagwell WS pinstripe on eBay is not the jersey he wore. Photos from Game 3 and 4 do not show Bagwell in this jersey.
    I knew something was amiss when I saw so many replies to a Bagwell WS jersey thread.

Anyway, I never meant to imply that the Astros slapped WS patches on all their 2005 jerseys. All I know is that Mike Acosta once told me that the WS patch on the Bagwell shirt in the restaurant was added after the fact.

Just curious: How do you know that the Astros didn't do this to all of their 2005 jerseys?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post

Just curious: How do you know that the Astros didn't do this to all of their 2005 jerseys?
    Les,

While at the game last night I asked Mike Acosta about the 2005 Astros World Series jerseys. Mike stated that only one set of gray, road red and pinstripe jerseys had the World Series patch added. None of the other 2005 jerseys had the patch added.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Astros1994 View Post
    Les,

While at the game last night I asked Mike Acosta about the 2005 Astros World Series jerseys. Mike stated that only one set of gray, road red and pinstripe jerseys had the World Series patch added. None of the other 2005 jerseys had the patch added.
    Thanks for the info, Scott. This is very helpful and seems different from what Dave says that the White Sox did to their WS jerseys. The Astros did the right thing IMO.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Astros1994 View Post
    Les,

Scott
    Scott is correct. I had asked Mike a while back and he told me the same info. If I remember correctly, the Rangers did the same with in one of their World Series years and slapped patches on everything like the White Sox did.

Banned

Thanks for the info, Scott. This is very helpful and seems different from what Dave says that the White Sox did to their WS jerseys. The Astros did the right thing IMO.
    I don't think my beloved White Sox were trying to defraud anyone - They had extra jerseys and extra patches so they added them to the jerseys as they knew true fans would want jerseys with such patches as the patches are quite unique.

Us die hards find such behavior wrong, but a retail store for a ball team adding patches isn't such a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    I don't think my beloved White Sox were trying to defraud anyone - They had extra jerseys and extra patches so they added them to the jerseys as they knew true fans would want jerseys with such patches as the patches are quite unique.

Us die hards find such behavior wrong, but a retail store for a ball team adding patches isn't such a big deal.
    You make a good point, Joel. I had never thought of it like that before or considered the interests of fans who would want the patches on the sleeve. Nor was I trying to imply that the Sox were defrauding people.

Personally, I don't have a problem if teams add patches with the expectation of actually using them during the WS, and then the World Series only goes four games, like it did in 2005.

As a big collector, though, I just find it artificial to add patches just for the novelty factor. It would actually decrease my chances of buying a jersey if I learned that they were sewn on after the fact. JMO.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Banned

You make a good point, Joel. I had never thought of it like that before or considered the interests of fans who would want the patches on the sleeve. Nor was I trying to imply that the Sox were defrauding people.

Personally, I don't have a problem if teams add patches with the expectation of actually using them during the WS, and then the World Series only goes four games, like it did in 2005.

As a big collector, though, I just find it artificial to add patches just for the novelty factor. It would actually decrease my chances of buying a jersey if I learned that they were sewn on after the fact. JMO.
    They should have labeled them as having the patches added, but I doubt they did.

The Rockies did the same thing in 2007/08. You couldn't find an 'authentic' jersey in the Dug Out stores that didn't have the 2007 WS Patch attached.

They did not add them to Gamers though. Just Retail Authentics.

Thanks for all the great information, everyone.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408