Game used item you're tired of seeing.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrianK
    • Jan 2011

Re: Game used item you're tired of seeing.

Originally posted by mikey68
    Originally posted by Preston
    Game used CARDS
    YES, game used cards for sure! Ya have to sift thru thousands of 'em just to get to the real thing!
    +1

Comment

• godwulf
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by LandRunSports
      All game-used bats! I wish someone would create a thread for bats. I get tired of seeing newly acquired and photo-matched bats. I'm sure the rain of hatred is about to pour down on me for this comment.
      No hatred from this quarter, just puzzlement. Among Baseball collectors, I'm guessing that bats are just about the most popular collectible. I can see how if you're mostly focused on another sport, it might be annoying and irrelevant to you...but, then, so would 90% of the posts on this board.
      Jeff
      godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• godwulf
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Preston
        Game used CARDS
        I buy them of my favorite players, if the design is cool and they're very cheap - no more than a couple of bucks - as I would any other card. The little piece of wood or fabric, I couldn't care less about.
        Jeff
        godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• godwulf
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Swoboda4
          Which item,who's listing price has accumulated to never match what profit the seller could finally realize,is your favorite?
          I'm not sure that I entirely understand all the provisos and disclaimers contained in your question, but one item that comes to mind, for me, is a certain Stephen Strasberg Team USA jersey, which I've seen listed almost continuously on eBay, with a beginning bid price of $2000, if I recall correctly, for about three years now.
          Jeff
          godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• godwulf
            • Aug 2007

Oh, on the subject of "game used cards", I was thinking that I wouldn't mind having a deck of cards that some of players on my team had played a few hand of Go Fish with during a rain delay. Now, those would be some genuine game used cards!
            Jeff
            godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• frikativ54
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by godwulf
              No hatred from this quarter, just puzzlement. Among Baseball collectors, I'm guessing that bats are just about the most popular collectible. I can see how if you're mostly focused on another sport, it might be annoying and irrelevant to you...but, then, so would 90% of the posts on this board.
              It's funny, I'm not a big bat collector either, but I don't have a problem with people posting theirs. I mean, I will take a bat if it's a HR bat or has some special character to it. I can even get great enjoyment out of them. But as far as my favorite items are concerned, they are cleats, jerseys, and hats. I love fielding gloves too but can't afford them.
              Les Zukor
              bagwellgameused@gmail.com
              Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
              (617) 682-0408

Comment

• LandRunSports
                • Jan 2011

I'm glad I didn't ruffle too many feathers with my last post. To gorilla777, isn't this thread about "Game used item(s) you're tired of seeing"? Yes, I'm tired of seeing bats. Throw some golf, ping pong, fishing, bowling and under water basket weaving items on here every once and awhile, but good God the redundant bat posts are overwhelming! Again, I think someone should create a thread for all the people collecting bats. Thank you for reading. - the minority. Just having fun, guys!

Comment

• jbcindc
                  • Jul 2008

This one:

"Very rare game used worn shoes/cleats from former Arizona Cardinals Safety, Pat Tillman vs Baltimore Ravens Dec 17, 2000..."

It can be yours for $3.6 million, but shipping is free; so that's nice.

Comment

• godwulf
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by LandRunSports
                    Again, I think someone should create a thread for all the people collecting bats.
                    Or, since it seems to me that the majority of members are primarily Baseball fans, and that the vast majority of those folks do collect bats, maybe there should be a "bat free" section of the board that focuses on what you are interested in collecting. (Which is...?)
                    Jeff
                    godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• LandRunSports
                      • Jan 2011

I love ALL game-worn/used items. I'm just tired of seeing bats over and over and over and over...again. What is so complicated about that? Again, this thread is "Game used item you're tired of seeing". BATS!

Comment

• gorilla777
                        • Aug 2009

You are certainly welcome. And it is a thread about specific items for the intention or at least that is how i read it. The easiest solution is to post things that interest you to mix it up a bit, right?

Comment

• LandRunSports
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by gorilla777
                          The easiest solution is to post things that interest you to mix it up a bit, right?
                          Nope, just tired of bats.

Comment

• gorilla777
                            • Aug 2009

Okay, weird enough.

Comment

• LandRunSports
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by gorilla777
                              Okay, weird enough. Not a collector, just looking to complain.
                              We are all here for the same reason. The door was opened and I expressed my opinion. I'm not the only one that is tired of seeing bats throughout the newly obtained and photo-matched threads. .

Comment

• tella27
                                • Jul 2011

I don't collect bats at all so I'm on the same page about seeing game used bats everywhere. I'm also not a huge fan of game used batting gloves. To me - And this is just my opinion - bats and batting gloves are like pennys are in change. They're everywhere and everyone has them, they are almost throw aways. Jerseys, hats, helmets are what you see when you see the player. But everyone collects what they like - if we all collected the same things it would be boring.

Comment

Working...