Game used item you're tired of seeing.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gingi79
    • Aug 2007

Re: Game used item you're tired of seeing.

If it's of any assistance, I think the OP was referring to a specific item that seems to have been on eBay since 1999 or a jersey that seems to be in every auction. LandRun happens to feel tired of a specific type of item, in this case: bats, in general. Fair enough.

I'm going to shadow so other posters here and say Game used cards need to be removed from the Game used ebay search.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• MSpecht
      • Oct 2005

This thread has been edited by request.... Differences of opinion do not need to be accompanied by antagonistic or baiting commentary. Thanks for adherence to forum rules in future posts.

Mike

Comment

• godwulf
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by gingi79
        I'm going to shadow so other posters here and say Game used cards need to be removed from the Game used ebay search.
        Amen. While they're at it - and, of course, eBay would never do this, because they get more money when Sellers list in multiple (wrong) categories - there should be some mechanism for removing things like bobbleheads, player photos, commemorative milk bottles, etc, from the "Game Used Memorabilia" category, and giving the offending Seller a virtual smack upside the head.
        Jeff
        godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• BrianK
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by godwulf
          Amen. While they're at it - and, of course, eBay would never do this, because they get more money when Sellers list in multiple (wrong) categories - there should be some mechanism for removing things like bobbleheads, player photos, commemorative milk bottles, etc, from the "Game Used Memorabilia" category, and giving the offending Seller a virtual smack upside the head.
          I report this kind of stuff. It probably does no good, but it makes me feel better. Look for the link that says "Report Item", and you'll get this form.
          Attached Files

Comment

• jake33
            • Nov 2005

Ebay offering free 50 lisings a month doesn't help the cause either.

There are a couple of Rays items I have seen on ebay for well over a year and I have emailed the seller with tremendous proof that the item is not game used. I have ahd both sellers admit it isn't gmae used, yet still continue to list it. I could write 5-6 paragraphs on each case of the 2 fake items, but that is a whole other story.

Comment

• gadsden86
              • Oct 2011

This.
              I am a big PSU fan nd him and Daryll Clark are my 2 favorite PSU Qb's from the past 15 years or so.
              But come on 15,000

Comment

• kprst6
                • Mar 2011

For me it's common no name players.

I'll often see threads with hundreds of jerseys, bats, sticks, etc for sale, all of 99.99% of fans have never heard of let alone would purchase.

Comment

• camarokids
                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by kprst6
                  For me it's common no name players.

I'll often see threads with hundreds of jerseys, bats, sticks, etc for sale, all of 99.99% of fans have never heard of let alone would purchase.
                  I would love to find some certain common players bats come up for sale from the Devil Rays!
                  I need them to complete year/team sets.
                  I have gone years without seeing their bats come up for sell .......
                  Thank you,
                  David

This is my email address here!
                  dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• eric16841
                    • Feb 2010

For me its the Nick Swisher game used bat for 9 thousand on ebay and the 5 thousand dollar jersey. Note they where down to around 1500 each few days ago. Which is still way to much

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2009

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Kevin Love #42 Minnesota Timberwolves NBA Game Worn Rookie Year Used Jersey at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2009

Or anything by Sportszone Collectibles. He buys from Steiner and doubles the price and his stuff sits on Ebay for months. He is now trying to sell an Eli jersey for 20K.

Comment

• UTeric3232
                          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by gadsden86
                          This.
                          I am a big PSU fan nd him and Daryll Clark are my 2 favorite PSU Qb's from the past 15 years or so.
                          But come on 15,000

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICHAEL-ROBI...item589147da21

Thats such an awesome jersey...

Its too bad for PSU collectors that the seller is a little too excited

Comment

• jppopma
                            • Mar 2006

Tired of seeing "photo matched" items listed with pictures that don't even qualify as a style match.

Also tired of seeing items listed with five paragraphs of small print. If you put game used in the tittle (or put it in the game used category), I should not have to read all kinds of crap to discover that it really is a pro cut or just like game used.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2009

There's a GU Devil Rays cap of manager Lou Piniella that has been offered at least a dozen times, with opening bids in the $170-$200 range, and never draws a bid. I wonder why...?

Dave Miedema

Comment

• Shipp_96
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by UTeric3232
                                Thats such an awesome jersey...

Its too bad for PSU collectors that the seller is a little too excited
                                It is a sweet jersey! Sadly it's his delusional agent from Pac Signatures that are selling these items for him. I have written the agent several times and told him to comparison shop players equal to Michael in the NFL and see how low their items sell for as opposed to what is is asking. Heck the Seahawks will directly sell you one of his Captain patch worn jerseys for only $300!

To me the agent knows it's overpriced, because he'll come back and write "we'll I can take $6000". As if that's a deal? It is a shame because these have been listed there for over a year now.

Comment

Working...