Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swoboda4
    • Nov 2005

Game used item you're tired of seeing.

Within the hobby there invariably are items that for some reason,remain constantly for sale,even though as time passes,the sellers should get the message that no one has interest. I will reveal a few of my favorites. But first,what are yours? Which item,who's listing price has accumulated to never match what profit the seller could finally realize,is your favorite?
  • snoodles
    • Sep 2011

Re: Game used item you're tired of seeing.

Here's one...

Comment

• CollectGU
      • Nov 2005

The Busch Stadium Game Used Bases from last game. It feels like they have been listed on ebay for years now....

Comment

• CollectGU
        • Nov 2005

Wow, you beat me to it...You must have posted as I was typing!

Comment

• Shipp_96
          • Feb 2011

Great topic! This one is my favorite:

OK, where to begin? First off, seriously, you want $2500 for a game worn PSU helmet from a nominal NFL player? Really?? That is assuming it was actually his? He's about $1500 to $1800 overpriced right there.

Second, and my biggest issues. The facemask does not match one Brandon ever wore. He even shows pictures to confirm this! He claims the helmet was made in 1992, yet it has a 1990 re-certification sticker? Finally, the #43 he keeps pointing out written on the inside with a sharpie means nothing other than that was the locker tag assigned to this piece of equipment. Go to CBS auctions and you will see PSU NEVER assign locker tags to correlate with the players actual #.

Ridiculous price, inaccurate player and am I just tired of seeing it listed !

Comment

• gaytorhater703
            • Jan 2010

wow 50K and the guy still wants 25 dollars shipping..lol
            WTB or Trade for LSU GU Jerseys and other LSU GU items email me at gaytorhater703@gmail.com

Comment

• Preston
              • Mar 2010

Game used CARDS

Comment

• jtorrez
                • Jun 2009

This jersey has been around ebay forever and considering Ichiro's demand I am shocked it has not been picked at a reasonable price by a Japanese collector. I can only imagine the seller is being ridiculous with their demands and does not care if it sells unless they can make a boatload of a profit!

Comment

• frikativ54
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by jtorrez
                  This jersey has been around ebay forever and considering Ichiro's demand I am shocked it has not been picked at a reasonable price by a Japanese collector. I can only imagine the seller is being ridiculous with their demands and does not care if it sells unless they can make a boatload of a profit!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-1-RECORD-B...ht_13797wt_922
                  That seller's stuff has been around "forever" at exorbitant prices. And I've heard that he isn't one to budge too much.
                  Les Zukor
                  bagwellgameused@gmail.com
                  Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
                  (617) 682-0408

Comment

• gaytorhater703
                    • Jan 2010

again...its probably the 20 dollars for shipping after paying 99K that might push potential buyers over the edge.....
                    WTB or Trade for LSU GU Jerseys and other LSU GU items email me at gaytorhater703@gmail.com

Comment

• LandRunSports
                      • Jan 2011

All game-used bats! I wish someone would create a thread for bats. I get tired of seeing newly acquired and photo-matched bats. I'm sure the rain of hatred is about to pour down on me for this comment.

Comment

• gnishiyama
                        • Aug 2006

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-1-RECORD-B...ht_13797wt_922
                        Glad someone mentioned this jersey. I actually had a buyer for this jersey
                        and I can't remember the exact number but I offered somewhere around
                        $12-$13K for it and I received a reply saying how insulted he was by
                        my offer.

Recently this jersey was being offered on the Japanese auction site
                        with a reserve with no takers. That's usually the last straw if he's
                        serious about selling it. Now every Ichiro collector has seen it which
                        seems to me is his true intention. Most of the top Ichiro collectors in this world are
                        customers of mine and although they all agree its a nice jersey, its been
                        sitting stale on the market for so long its no longer desirable. The average
                        Japanese collector who wants to make a once-in-a-lifetime Ichiro game used
                        jersey purchase prefers #51 with ICHIRO NOB. The advanced
                        collector wants something rare that they can show off and brag..not
                        something that's been sitting on Ebay for more than 2 years.

Judging by his item descriptions, looks like he's using EBAY to show off
                        his entire collection but I like to use "highest price" as my search query and
                        I'm sick of seeing this jersey constantly on top so can someone just please
                        buy it?
                        Goh Nishiyama

Always buying Japanese Game Used Memorablia

gnishiyama@gmail.com

Comment

• mikey68
                          • Nov 2008

[quote=Preston;293620]Game used CARDS[/quote

YES, game used cards for sure! Ya have to sift thru thousands of 'em just to get to the real thing!

Comment

• Mulligans
                            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by LandRunSports
                            All game-used bats! I wish someone would create a thread for bats. I get tired of seeing newly acquired and photo-matched bats. I'm sure the rain of hatred is about to pour down on me for this comment.
                            THANK YOU!
                            You are certainly not going to get any hatred from me!!

Comment

• gorilla777
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by LandRunSports
                              Nah, I get it,

Comment

Working...