Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Lets see some Pre WWI bats!!!

Here are a couple of others--don't know what happened to the comments but don't see them.
    Curious if anyone has ever had a Stall and Dean mushroom? Don't know if they are rare or not.
    Also, the Goldsmith American League decal bat---wonder if there is a National League one out there as well? Thanks.

I've seen a S&D mushroom, but they are quite rare. Your bats are fantastic. Thank you for posting. Can you tell us how you came to own the Spalding ring bat? It's always a pleasure to hear collecting stories.

Those are awesome bats Dave. Thanks for sharing. Like Mike, I too would love to hear how you came to acquire these bats.

Thanks for the nice words. The Stall and Dean and Goldsmith came via the flea market route about 10 years ago. I have the Tris Speaker American Biffer but not nearly as nice as the one already posted. Also, most of my other decal bats are under glass so not able to get pics at this time.
    The Spalding was an E-bay bat about 5 years ago and came from a private collection in which the person had it for over 25 years. I outbid some guy named Bush or Busher or perhaps Bushing! Nice to be a part of this forum once in awhile.

Great bats everybody. Dave, that's an incredible ring bat, how long is it? I have a newer (1890-1905) Spalding bat that is made from willow and it's extremely light as well. Yours might be willow too.

The bat is 35 inches in length. Thanks.

I wasn't sure how far back you wanted to go. Here are a few. The top battle axe is a c1880s bat, the middle bat is probably an 1880s - 1890s Reach ring bat and the bottom bat is an 1850s - 1860s flat town-ball bat.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2521/im000530ey8.jpg

What's really cool about the top bat is that it was cracked and then repaired with six square nails (sorry, the picture is great):

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/900/im000532sm0.jpg

Rob L

Ksfarmboy,

Would you sell the Keelr bat? Please get back to me at borsch5529@comcast.net

Thanks!

Brian B

Quote Originally Posted by brianborsch View Post
    Ksfarmboy,

Would you sell the Keelr bat? Please get back to me at borsch5529@comcast.net

Thanks!

Brian B

1914-15 Ty Cobb Kork Grip Pro Model/Game used . Enjoy. ( only one known )
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ksfarmboy,

Please email me about the Keeler Spalding bat. I'd like to know the specs on the bat. Thanks

Kevin
    kevinkasper@netzero.com