Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Brooks Robinson Memorabilia

I've been collecting Brooks Robinson and Orioles memorabilia for a while now (not been purchasing too much for the past couple of years), but was wondering if anyone has any pictures of any game used Brooks items and/or pictures of their display of their Orioles items/room? I'm really not looking to purchase, but just to view. It's always enjoyable to see collections displayed.

Also, does anyone have the older Memorial Stadium sign that has the stadium on the sign? I saw one years ago for sale, but can't locate the picture. Again, would just like to view.

Thanks!!

Re: Brooks Robinson Memorabilia

I can send you a picture of some of my Brooks Robinson equipment if you provide me with your email or help me post it on this site.

baltimorewashington...I'm new to the site so I'm unsure how to post pictures within the caption. I guess I'll learn sooner or later. My e-mail is as follows:

mjcomer@comcast.net

I look forward to seeing your Brooksie/Orioles related equipment. Thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooksie View Post
    baltimorewashington...I'm new to the site so I'm unsure how to post pictures within the caption. I guess I'll learn sooner or later. My e-mail is as follows:

mjcomer@comcast.net

I look forward to seeing your Brooksie/Orioles related equipment. Thanks for the response.
    Mark: I thought that sounded like you...have sent private investigators out for you and even had a clip on you on the old Unsolved Mysteries program. Thankfully you have been found. Contact me sometime: skyking442@hotmail.com, 810-364-1713...

Bob Koppel

baltimorewashington... I tried to add a picture and all I did was just cut and paste...worked good.

Bob...I'm back! Glad to hear you doing well and your collection is still being built.

Cool Re: Brooks Robinson Memorabilia

dear brooksie.....i just obtianed a wonderful game used bat from brooks from the 1950's moidel # 01s....do you have one in your collection have a great weekend...scott

thought you might enjoy seeing this-

it's a team photo during his brief stay with the vancouver mounties. most of the team has signed the back

thegoodz15: I'd love to see you post a picture of your Brooksie bat and information on how you obtained the bat. Do you collect Brooks items, or just this particluar bat?

jwasserman: Thanks so much for posting a picture of a very interesting Brooks Vancouver Mounties item. I wish I had more items from when Brooks was in the minor leagues. In fact I don't think I have anything much except two reproduction pictures. I'd love to find some vintage photo's of Brooks in minor league uniforms or something used by Brooks. It looks like you somewhat recently got the picture signed...was it a good experience? Also, you said that many of the team signed the back; can you post a picture of that? Do you happen to collect Brooksie items?

The picture is an original premium. Here is a scan of the back:

I had Brooks sign it at my local card shop (he appeared with Jim Palmer and his line was twice as long). He was very gracious, posed for more than a few pictures with me and my son, signed both the front and back of the photo (no extra charge) and stopped to tell me a few stories about his time with the Mounties.

Growing up in Baltimore, I've met Brooks 4-5 times going back to when I was a kid. He always has a smile on his face and always has time to talk. I think he's about the best ambassador baseball ever had. I don't collect him but I do treasure every autograph he's signed for me over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooksie View Post
    jwasserman: Thanks so much for posting a picture of a very interesting Brooks Vancouver Mounties item. I wish I had more items from when Brooks was in the minor leagues. In fact I don't think I have anything much except two reproduction pictures. I'd love to find some vintage photo's of Brooks in minor league uniforms or something used by Brooks. It looks like you somewhat recently got the picture signed...was it a good experience? Also, you said that many of the team signed the back; can you post a picture of that? Do you happen to collect Brooksie items?