Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thank You For Your Service To Your Country!

Thanks to all who have served their country in the past, present, and future! Appreciate your honorable and dedicated service to your country, and the sacrifices you made being away from your families!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Banned

Re: Thank You For Your Service To Your Country!

Tony:

I couldn't agree more! I'm glad to see the White Sox honoring a military person between one set of innings each game. They usually get standing ovations from most of the fans (including this one).

Dave Miedema

A shout out to forum member and military member: Taylor Rogal, you are the man! Thanks for everything, buddy, and I'll be thinking of you this weekend/holiday!

Amen!

Thank you for all you do. That goes double for your family who serves this country with the same honor and less accolades.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Tony:

I couldn't agree more! I'm glad to see the White Sox honoring a military person between one set of innings each game. They usually get standing ovations from most of the fans (including this one).

Dave Miedema
    That's great that the Sox are doing that, Dave. Thanks to everyone - current and past - who has served our great country.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

This is a great thread. You guys (and ladies) are ALL heros in my book.

God Bless You All

ncbadges
    ------------------------------------------------
    Josh Hamilton gamers WANTED

NCBADGES@embarqmail.com

ACTS 4:10

The service men and women absolutely should be honored and I am glad when they are. Far too often we take them for granted. That said, at Texas Ranger games when the camera is put on members of our military in uniform at the game we are asked to "raise our Budweiser and salute them." To me there is somethig distasteful about linking honoring our military with selling beer (or anything else). The honoring of our service people, and they genuinely deserve to be honored, no question about it, should stand on its own. By bringing this up I don't mean to distract from the sentiments expressed honoring our men and women in uniform who deserve all the praise we can give them.

Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    The service men and women absolutely should be honored and I am glad when they are. Far too often we take them for granted. That said, at Texas Ranger games when the camera is put on members of our military in uniform at the game we are asked to "raise our Budweiser and salute them." To me there is somethig distasteful about linking honoring our military with selling beer (or anything else). The honoring of our service people, and they genuinely deserve to be honored, no question about it, should stand on its own. By bringing this up I don't mean to distract from the sentiments expressed honoring our men and women in uniform who deserve all the praise we can give them.
    It's funny: In WWI, cigarettes were linked to patriotism and supporting the military. Many civic organizations raised money and donations of cigarettes for U.S. troops. Interesting how times change.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

To properly honor the brave people who serve, I think the federal government should stop f*cking them out of social services, healthcare and other things they deserve after serving their country.

There should be a law passed, that if a politician wants to start a war, they have to fight in it!
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...