Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

JO Sports Suing Michael Vick

http://blogs.phillymag.com/the_phill...0000-contract/

Michael Vick Sued Over Breach of $100,000 Contract
    by Tim McManus 5/29/12

The state of Nevada doesn’t agree with Michael Vick. There was the public backlash from his appearance at a local Toyota dealership over the weekend. And now this: J.O. Sports Company is suing Vick, alleging that he failed to live up to an agreement that paid the quarterback $101,500. Among the claims: Vick didn’t provide game-worn equipment and didn’t attend private signings, as laid out in the contract.

But Vick’s side says that it terminated its relationship with Jarrod Oldridge of J.O. Sports in October 2011 after learning that Oldridge had been indicted for fraudulent business practices. He was accused, among other things, of doctoring jerseys to make them appear game-worn to increase the value.

“My primary concern is for my fans,” said Vick through his P.R. firm. “If my fans want to buy game-used memorabilia, it is important that the merchandise is 100 percent authentic.”

Oldridge has since pleaded guilty to mail fraud, which carries a maximum sentence of 20 years imprisonment and a fine as high as $250,000.

“I will not support a company that is accused of misleading fans,” said Vick. “It is an easy decision to make.”

It seems like smooth sailing in the other 49 states for Vick this summer. He is, of course, set to get married in Miami Beach on June 30th to his fiancée, Kijafa, and will squeeze in a Celebrity Golf Tournament at Stone Harbor Golf Club June 18th to raise funds for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport News, Virginia and Philadelphia.

In another positive development for the 31-year-old signal-caller, Vick is expected to be off probation in the very near future. There are business ventures on the horizon also; we’ll detail them for you soon.
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Re: JO Sports Suing Michael Vick

Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

JO Sports and Michael Vick are the two most vitriolic subjects on this forum. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    JO Sports and Michael Vick are the two most vitriolic subjects on this forum. Ever.
    Pretty sure Lou holds that title
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Just think if we had a 16-subject playoff for vitriolic champion of the board, I bet Lou would be the runaway #1 seed.

(anyone else have other teams to play? ha ha ha)

Nah, Lou wouldn't even make the top 5.

Banned

Wink Re: JO Sports Suing Michael Vick

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Just think if we had a 16-subject playoff for vitriolic champion of the board, I bet Lou would be the runaway #1 seed.

(anyone else have other teams to play? ha ha ha)
    Mike Schultz, AMI, Elite Sports, Historic Auctions, and UPS could fill several slots on the brackets.

Dave Miedema

And me. Don't forget me.

If Vick cashed the check, he has to follow up with the contract stipulations. It would seem. That he's offended with dealing with a felon seems a bit dubious-- as the article says Vick is still on probation.

Just my take/opinion.

I should add that I appreciate Vick's point of view. It's not in his PR best of interests to have a signing session with a person convicted of memorabilia fraud.