Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: JO Sports sentencing?

Quote Originally Posted by cfnnb9 View Post
    Not trying to stir this debate up but did anyone else get the email that they sent out? Everything being 40+ percent off and that all A tier players were pending purchase from a single person?
    Thankfully, I’ve been removed from their e-mail list.
    GU collectors are smart enough to realize that JO is likely to sell or transfer what portions of their business (desirable inventory, team contracts that can be assigned, consumer lists, billable accounts, etc) have ongoing economic value to a new or existing business.

Separate from the character and business practices that caught up with JO (as I anticipated), there was an innovative business model which achieved monopolistic pricing power.

Expect the equity owners of JO Sports to try and maximize the value of transferring whatever they can transfer… and that isn’t just inventory. Whomever the person (or entity) would be that is buying "all A tier players", it would be foolish to anticipate it being anything other than an alternate selling venue.

So much of the pricing power in JO's business model came from the monopolistic pricing power that it would be wise to anticipate that such "A tier" inventory will stay together in whatever business or person operating as a business might come to possess it.

The thing I find weird about the "A tier players" is that they say that they were all removed from the site because of the purchase. I went to the website to see what A tier players they were and I still see Tebow, Hali, Lewis, and many others. Those seem like A tier players to me.

I got the email late last night. Private, email-only solicitation, so it says.

It seems like the lack of business is finally catching up.

Well I just had to Ask. I have delt with this guys Lance in the past. I got the e mail. So I asked about Steelers items. Quicker than ever I got a reply. Has a few Mike Wallace jerseys. 2500.00 that is with the discount. Shoes 500 and gloves 250. I saw these a few months ago as a set for 5000 and 6000. I dont know the whole story behind Jo Sports. I have read a few things. All I can say is from my experience. I bought a pair of cleats which the player confirmed they were his.

Quote Originally Posted by cfnnb9 View Post
    The thing I find weird about the "A tier players" is that they say that they were all removed from the site because of the purchase. I went to the website to see what A tier players they were and I still see Tebow, Hali, Lewis, and many others. Those seem like A tier players to me.
    Could be the result of confusing language: "All of our A-tier jersey are not actively posted on the website." This could mean NONE are posted, or it could mean ONLY SOME are posted.

I never got any discounted email, and as far as I can tell, Ive always been on their email blasts.

Banned

Their stuff is good. I have never had a problem with $20,000 plus in purchases. They have some great deals going right now.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Their stuff is good. I have never had a problem with $20,000 plus in purchases. They have some great deals going right now.
    Spoken like a true investor. If they are so good why are the FBI speaking with them?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nycpropain View Post
    Spoken like a true investor. If they are so good why are the FBI speaking with them?
    This case dealt with stuff 2008 and before. That was before their team partnerships. The current stuff is fine. Most of the jerseys they sell are from the team parternships that come with a team issued coa. They also obtain stuff directly from players like Roddy White, Mike Wallace, Arian Foster, Vick, Ward, Tomlinson and others that come signed and inscribed with the date of the game and "game used" inscribed by the player. Most of their stuff is unwashed and easily photomatchable. With the FBI watching him and his sentence still pending do you really think JO is going to sell fake stuff at this point?