X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrianK
    • Jan 2011

Re: JO Sports sentencing?

Originally posted by cfnnb9
    The thing I find weird about the "A tier players" is that they say that they were all removed from the site because of the purchase. I went to the website to see what A tier players they were and I still see Tebow, Hali, Lewis, and many others. Those seem like A tier players to me.
    Could be the result of confusing language: "All of our A-tier jersey are not actively posted on the website." This could mean NONE are posted, or it could mean ONLY SOME are posted.

Comment

• Mattapan03
      • Mar 2010

I never got any discounted email, and as far as I can tell, Ive always been on their email blasts.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
        Banned
        • Oct 2009

Their stuff is good. I have never had a problem with $20,000 plus in purchases. They have some great deals going right now.

Comment

• nycpropain
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
          Their stuff is good. I have never had a problem with $20,000 plus in purchases. They have some great deals going right now.
          Spoken like a true investor. If they are so good why are the FBI speaking with them?

Comment

• legaleagle92481
            Banned
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by nycpropain
            Spoken like a true investor. If they are so good why are the FBI speaking with them?
            This case dealt with stuff 2008 and before. That was before their team partnerships. The current stuff is fine. Most of the jerseys they sell are from the team parternships that come with a team issued coa. They also obtain stuff directly from players like Roddy White, Mike Wallace, Arian Foster, Vick, Ward, Tomlinson and others that come signed and inscribed with the date of the game and "game used" inscribed by the player. Most of their stuff is unwashed and easily photomatchable. With the FBI watching him and his sentence still pending do you really think JO is going to sell fake stuff at this point?

Comment

• Preston
              • Mar 2010

FWIW I purchased a game worn Titans jersey that was easily photomatched from JO's "personal collection" - Robert had contacted me about it and I photomatched it myself (which I've never been able to do very well) easily.

While there's definitely crimes that have been committed (enough to plead guilty), I think he's under the microscope SO much right now that there's NO way anything that leaves that building is fake at this point.

I've purchased several things from them, and have never had any problems (I know, "spoken like a true investor"), but I hardly believe Terdell Sands' jersey is going to get tons of fake use and wear. If I were to believe that, I'm also betting money the moon is full every night, Santa Claus is alive and so is Elvis. Oh, and Tupac, too.

Comment

• swainer
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Preston
                If I were to believe that, I'm also betting money the moon is full every night, Santa Claus is alive and so is Elvis. Oh, and Tupac, too.
                WAIT! Santa died? That's a bummer!

Dave!!! Update the obit post!!!
                Always interested in Lance Parrish game used items. Looking for any Tigers game used jersey, game used glove, road Mariners jersey, and 94 Pirates home jersey. Contact me at john.swainer at gmail dot com

Comment

• 34swtns
                  • Apr 2006

"True investor" #2 here.

$10,000+ spent with JO Sports.......zero problems.

Comment

• nycpropain
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by 34swtns
                    "True investor" #2 here.

$10,000+ spent with JO Sports.......zero problems.
                    Well besides them faking game use on jerseys and losing what reputation they had yes, zero problems for you. But hey who cares about the people who got burnt as long as its not you right?

Comment

• ivo610
                      • Dec 2009

This case dealt with stuff 2008 and before. That was before their team partnerships. The current stuff is fine. Most of the jerseys they sell are from the team parternships that come with a team issued coa. They also obtain stuff directly from players like Roddy White, Mike Wallace, Arian Foster, Vick, Ward, Tomlinson and others that come signed and inscribed with the date of the game and "game used" inscribed by the player. Most of their stuff is unwashed and easily photomatchable. With the FBI watching him and his sentence still pending do you really think JO is going to sell fake stuff at this point?
                      once shame on you, twice shame on me.
                      Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• Preston
                        • Mar 2010

Sadly this thread is starting to shift back to "JO Sucks" vs. "JO is the greatest thing since sliced bread." Where you stand on it, I DO NOT CARE. Re-read the title of the thread - "JO Sports Sentencing?" - I think that's what we should focus on on this thread to eliminate further disagreement. Just my two pesos

Comment

• solarlottry
                          • Jan 2009

Obviously there are going to be multiple opinions on the entire JO situation and to some extent ALL of them have some degree of validity.

Whether or not you purchase something from JO at this point is purely personal preference but I tend to agree with Preston. I think that anything that leaves his place of business at this point had better be absolutely genuine or he may find himself in even deeper trouble.

Jared has no one but himself to blame but the majority of their inventory was legit. In this business/hobby all it takes is one bad item to ruin one's reputation though and JO has no doubt, done that. It is a travesty that his business was/is completely destroyed by the very person who started it and JO has to live with that. That being said there are a number of items that JO is selling that are legit and are probably good bargains right about now.

Would I take Jared's word as golden-absolutely not but after doing my own extensive homework on an item I was interested in, and it checked out, I would consider buying it.

Always buying 49ers gamers and ALL 1994 49er GU items!
                          Paul
                          garciajones@yahoo.com

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Preston
                            Sadly this thread is starting to shift back to "JO Sucks" vs. "JO is the greatest thing since sliced bread." Where you stand on it, I DO NOT CARE. Re-read the title of the thread - "JO Sports Sentencing?" - I think that's what we should focus on on this thread to eliminate further disagreement. Just my two pesos
                            I totally agree!

Dave Miedema

Comment

Working...