Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Kobe Bryant First Jersey on Grey Flannel

My first post. I found this site a few months ago when I was purchasing my first game worn item and it's been a big help (although there is also a fair amount of bickering sometimes).

I had my eye on this jersey. I was REALLY hoping to be in the running but the price got away from me today. Kobe Bryant's first game worn jersey - pre-season and regular season, according to Grey Flannel. Wow. The photo match on the pre-season looks really solid, but it is more difficult to tell with the first game photo. I think if you spend $250 to get the photo rights from Getty Images, it would probably render something clear enough to match or not match.

I think it's the same jersey purchased by a forum member for $26K off of eBay, as I read the entire thread on it. If so, it's going to be a nice return on investment and I wish I found it on eBay! I was hoping to pay less than he did, but that's not happening.

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.c...px?lotid=28436

Banned

Re: Kobe Bryant First Jersey on Grey Flannel

Quote Originally Posted by esquiresports View Post
    My first post. I found this site a few months ago when I was purchasing my first game worn item and it's been a big help (although there is also a fair amount of bickering sometimes).

I had my eye on this jersey. I was REALLY hoping to be in the running but the price got away from me today. Kobe Bryant's first game worn jersey - pre-season and regular season, according to Grey Flannel. Wow. The photo match on the pre-season looks really solid, but it is more difficult to tell with the first game photo. I think if you spend $250 to get the photo rights from Getty Images, it would probably render something clear enough to match or not match.

I think it's the same jersey purchased by a forum member for $26K off of eBay, as I read the entire thread on it. If so, it's going to be a nice return on investment and I wish I found it on eBay! I was hoping to pay less than he did, but that's not happening.

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.c...px?lotid=28436
    If it came from DC Sports, you couldn't ask for a better source on anything Lakers.

Dave Miedema

Wow. $115,000!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    If it came from DC Sports, you couldn't ask for a better source on anything Lakers.

Dave Miedema
    I disagree with that. To me nothing beats the MEIGRAY/NBA authentic jerseys for anything NBA these days. Obviously that was not around back when this jersey was used though.