Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: grey flannel

grey flannel

any one buy anything in the last grey flannel? seems like prices were solid. Love all the ABA items. I looked but didn't buy

Pete

Re: grey flannel

Got one. Will post when it arrives. Wanted five other items, which all got too expensive for me, as I'm not full of extra cash for higher end items.

Really would have liked the old red Indians jersey, even if it was a coach's jersey.

I won the University of Michigan basketball lot two game jerseys and two vintage warm up jackets.

I bid on several items yet only came away with the 2009 Bradie James Cowboys helmet. They had many nice items and still seeking the person who may have bought the lot of college baseball jerseys/shorts in the "late additions" group.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

I won the 1994 Deion Sanders game worn Braves jersey.

I did some research and think I have matched it up to the 5/7/1994 game. Once I get the shirt I will do some additional digging and try for a more definitive match.

How does everyone bid when it comes to GF auctions? Do you put in a high bid and hope you win or just follow along and raise your bid if you are outbid? I wonder if GF does what AMI does and raise bids up to a concealed reserve? Is the reserve posted the actual reserve?

Why I ask is because there were 2 Deion BB gamers for auction and one saw little action but the one where I had placed a fairly high max bid, saw a fair amount of bidding. Obviously this could be tied to the item itself but I wonder if GF, seeing our max bids, does not bid the item up to but not to exceed, our max bids? I do not think this is the case but who knows...

Always buying 49er gamers and all 1994 49er game worn items.
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

I came away with four items from the Hershiser collection including the blue alternate Indians World Series jersey which I matched to a DVD of the game, Indians game used glove, game used Indians hats and 1997 Team Signed World Series bat. There were a few other items I wanted to add as well but these were the ones at the top of my list.

Quote Originally Posted by solarlottry View Post
    I won the 1994 Deion Sanders game worn Braves jersey.

I did some research and think I have matched it up to the 5/7/1994 game. Once I get the shirt I will do some additional digging and try for a more definitive match.

How does everyone bid when it comes to GF auctions? Do you put in a high bid and hope you win or just follow along and raise your bid if you are outbid? I wonder if GF does what AMI does and raise bids up to a concealed reserve? Is the reserve posted the actual reserve?

Why I ask is because there were 2 Deion BB gamers for auction and one saw little action but the one where I had placed a fairly high max bid, saw a fair amount of bidding. Obviously this could be tied to the item itself but I wonder if GF, seeing our max bids, does not bid the item up to but not to exceed, our max bids? I do not think this is the case but who knows...

Always buying 49er gamers and all 1994 49er game worn items.
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com
    I doubt Grey Flannel does that. I won three All Star baseballs from the Hershiser collection for a little less than my maximum bid. I got outbid on everything else. I was watching the Deion jerseys. Very cool.

I thought I had a really good chance at the Kobe at around $20K. Boy was I wrong.

I tend to agree that it is doubtful that GF would essentially bid up it's own lots.

I just found it interesting that the Deion shirt I was bidding on was bid way up, whereas the Reds Deion saw little action. It may be the fact that I was able to find an apparent photo match somewhat easily as well as the presence of the 1994 MLB patch.

1994 was also a pretty good year for Deion in that he won the Super Bowl with the 49ers, won defensive player of the year in the NFL and played baseball.

I will post images of the Deion once I receive it.

Always buying 49ers gamers
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

I was interested in the Cowboys helmets. I submitted the required information to become a bidder but never heard back from them. Does that mean I have been rejected or does it simply take a more time for them to review submitted information?

Quote Originally Posted by short84 View Post
    I was interested in the Cowboys helmets. I submitted the required information to become a bidder but never heard back from them. Does that mean I have been rejected or does it simply take a more time for them to review submitted information?
    That is unusual. I would call them at the number listed on their main website. See what the issue is and then get it resolved to bid next time. Grey Flannel has been very good to deal with from my experience and responsive to any emails or calls I have placed.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate