Clear All
  • yanks12025
    • Jan 2006

Santana no hitter

Mets santana pitches no hitter.
  • maverick14
    • Aug 2011

Re: Santana no hitter

Considering the great names that have pitched for NYM I was very surprised to hear this was their first.
    -Randy
    rborrero14 at gmail.com

Comment

• cliffjmp33
      • Jun 2010

That's pretty awesome. Congrats to all Mets fans and Johan fans. He has battled a lot of injuries and nice to see him healthy and accomplish such a feat!
      Cheers,
      Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
      My Memorabilia Collection

Comment

• vdsporty25
        • Feb 2009

Pretty cool too see! Happy for Johan coming back from shoulder surgery and throwing such a great game!
        Thanks a lot
        Josh

Comment

• flaco1801
          • Nov 2005

Mike Baxter made it happen....what a great catch...

Comment

• camarokids
            • Jun 2006

What about the line drive called foul, when it clearly hit the chalk line?

Technically this is NOT a no-hitter!

Home town cooking from the umps!!!

Besides the five walks and the blown call, he pitched pretty good with some great defense!
            Thank you,
            David

This is my email address here!
            dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by camarokids
              What about the line drive called foul, when it clearly hit the chalk line?

Home town cooking from the umps!!!

Besides the five walks and the blown call, he pitched pretty good with some great defense!
              I'm glad for Johan, but I agree there is no disputing the fact that the Beltran ball in the 6th hit the line.

Comment

• metsbats
                • Nov 2005

The official website of the Detroit Tigers with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.

Unfortunately, sometimes the pitcher is on the wrong end of a bad call too.

Umpires are human and mistakes will happen affecting the outcome of a game. Of course they are more magnified when something special like a no-no happens or does not happen.

Bottom line officially it's a no-no for Johan and unfortunately a 1 hitter for Gararraga.
                metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• marino13
                  • Feb 2010

Every one knows that it is NOT a NO HITTER.

The only people who will overlooked the obvious hit by Beltran are - METS fan and Johan Santana fans along with his game used collectors.

I would accept Armando's 1 hitter is the TRUE No Hitter before I accept Santana's No hitter as a 1 hitter shutout!

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2009

I love how there are so many Mets haters. First you guys hated on the Reyes batting title. Now its the no-hitter. The call is the call. Every game has good and questionable calls. whether it is a foul ball or a ball strike call or like the Armando game a play on the bases. It is what it is.

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by camarokids
                      Technically it is a no-hitter, really it isn't would be your argument. Just one more franchise left to accomplish the feat.

Comment

• metsbats
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by marino13
                        Every one knows that it is NOT a NO HITTER.

The only people who will overlooked the obvious hit by Beltran are - METS fan and Johan Santana fans along with his game used collectors.

I would accept Armando's 1 hitter is the TRUE No Hitter before I accept Santana's No hitter as a 1 hitter shutout!

Don't forget MLB.
                        metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• camarokids
                          • Jun 2006

With the blown call keeping the no hitter intact, deep down Johan cannot feel too good about the game being labeled a no-hitter. For he knows he got away with a call which cheapens the feat.
                          Thank you,
                          David

This is my email address here!
                          dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• marino13
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by metsbats

Don't forget MLB.

I am waiting for the third base umpire to make a public apology for having something in his eyes. It must have been the chalk being hit by the ball being carried by the wind and got into his eyes.

Revenge of the umpire for chalk getting into his vision.

But seriously, how could it NOT be a hit when the ball hit the chalk line AFTER the base bag? This does not need instant replay.

I am not taking anything away from Santana, but forever this "chalk blurred my vision" by the umpire will be tagged along with the No Hitter.

Even some of my family members who are die-hard Mets fans - they even say that it was not a No Hitter. It is more like a dirty No Hitter if anything. But since they were suffering for so long with out having one, regular MLB fans might just let it go.

If that is the case, might as well give the Padres a No Hitter and get it over with.

Comment

• marino13
                              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
                              I love how there are so many Mets haters. First you guys hated on the Reyes batting title. Now its the no-hitter. The call is the call. Every game has good and questionable calls. whether it is a foul ball or a ball strike call or like the Armando game a play on the bases. It is what it is.

Reyes cheapen the batting tittle by quitting on the last three non-existence at bat - by removing himself from the game!

It must have been the incentives in the contract or something --- and that amount must be huge, so he doesnt care what fans and others think about him.

Comment

Working...