Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Minnesota Gophers Old, Old, Old Uniform & Old Helmets

I'm not sure how old. Maybe some of the vintage collectors may know.

And some old Gophers helmets as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: Minnesota Gophers Old, Old, Old Uniform & Old Helmets

T-he mustard gold helmet on the far right is from 1968-70. The helmet next to that is from the early 40's. I don't know about the one on the left. I would guess the uniform above is from the teens to the twentys. If you're looking for a buyer for the helmets, let me know. Do you know where they came from?

Shawn
    www.gopherjerseys.com
    gridironheroes22@yahoo.com

I'm currently looking to create an exhibit on the evolution of early football gear. The MEARS Research center may be interested in this item as part of a permanent exhibit. If intersted in selling, please contact us at troy@mearsonline.com

Troy R. Kinunen/MEARS Research Center & Museum

Quote Originally Posted by mears View Post
    I'm currently looking to create an exhibit on the evolution of early football gear. The MEARS Research center may be interested in this item as part of a permanent exhibit. If intersted in selling, please contact us at troy@mearsonline.com

Troy R. Kinunen/MEARS Research Center & Museum
    Thank you for the interest. I will keep it in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridiron Heroes View Post
    T-he mustard gold helmet on the far right is from 1968-70. The helmet next to that is from the early 40's. I don't know about the one on the left. I would guess the uniform above is from the teens to the twentys. If you're looking for a buyer for the helmets, let me know. Do you know where they came from?

Shawn
    www.gopherjerseys.com
    I have found some information regarding the uniform. It is call a union suit and is from the turn of the century. When did the Gophers start playing? The helmet on the far left is part of the uniform. I can't really reveal where the helmets came from other than they have a undeniable provenance. I'm not looking to sell quite yet. But I will most assuredly keep you in mind. I believe you went to Hamline correct? I went to St. Thomas 83-87. I understand you have an MIAC helmet collection. I would love to see what you have! Maybe you would be willing to part with one or two?

Minnesota's first game was 1882 vs Hamline. I graduated from Hamline in 2006 w/ my MAED and from the U of M in 2001 w/ a BA. My girlfriend went to St. Thomas and her mom cooks for the priests there. I used to have the entire MIAC, but I sold the entire conference minus the Hamline when I moved to FL. My partners have them now, but they won't sell anything. I may be able to get a St. Thomas, but you should be able to pick up most the others by calling or emailing the ADs. Just let them know you're a Tommy and MIAC fan. That's what I did (from a Piper standpoint). St. Thomas and Hamline were the toughest to get. My partners and I would definately buy one piece or the entire lot. LMK whenever you're ready.

Shawn
    www.gopherjerseys.com