Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Glomar Bats Question

Does anyone have any knowledge about glomar bats? Did they ever print team logos on players bats?
    Thanks
    70to66

Re: Glomar Bats Question

Not an exact answer to your question but team names on the barrel label below the player's name have been authenticated and documented. If you are specifically asking about team logos other than the name, maybe someone else can chime in. In the meantime, here are some interesting historical aspects re: Glomar Bats:

Post # 2
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=6878&highlight=glomar+swap+meet

Post # 12 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=4491&highlight=glomar

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

Hi I have a Glomar bat of Bo Jackson when he was with the Angels.

It has the team name spelled out and there is a halo over the A in Angels.

Hope that helps.

Email: BoJackson34@live. Com

Thanks for the replies, the bat is a braves player and on the back of the barrell there is a braves logo with a tomahawk. The players name and model number are on the front. I've only owned one Glomar bat and had never seen this before.
    Thanks
    70to66

I have a Ryan Klesko GLomar bat with the Braves "Tomahawk" logo on the back barrel.

Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks gameused that is what I was asking about.

I have a Canseco Glomar with a Red Sox logo on it.

Banned

Cool Klesko Bobby. That is one of the original Glomars with the small stars. Glomars were very popular amongst Brave players because of Klesko and Charlie O'Brien.
    It's a shame Glomar's no longer around, they were a very nice, family run business and would make any kind of bat for me when I was younger.

Yea i remember seeing a Javy Lopez bat for sale a while ago that had the Braves logo on it. Glomar are nice bats and were used a lot by Braves players in the mid to late 90's. There are even photos of Chipper having used Glomar.
    Always buying David Justice items

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Cool Klesko Bobby. That is one of the original Glomars with the small stars. Glomars were very popular amongst Brave players because of Klesko and Charlie O'Brien.
    It's a shame Glomar's no longer around, they were a very nice, family run business and would make any kind of bat for me when I was younger.
    glomar is still around. according to Mario, they used to have team logos on the sweet spot of their bats but this practice was discontinued because the bat company had to pay MLB to use the team logos, which would increase the cost of manufacturing the bats. i imagine most if not all bat companies bypass team logos on their professional bats for this reason.

any other examples of bat companies using team logos on mlb player bats?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.