Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rose 78 Jersey. Dave M..did you authenticate this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PETE-ROSE-Ci...item4166e58496

Dave - the seller says that you authenticated the item, but I don't see your LOA with the auction. Did you authenticate this piece? Any thoughts? 70's Reds away gamers are often tough to authenticate.

Thanks,

Jeff

Re: Rose 78 Jersey. Dave M..did you authenticate this?

Quote Originally Posted by jbsportstuff View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/PETE-ROSE-Ci...item4166e58496

Dave - the seller says that you authenticated the item, but I don't see your LOA with the auction. Did you authenticate this piece? Any thoughts? 70's Reds away gamers are often tough to authenticate.

Thanks,

Jeff
    The more I look at this the more I believe that it isn't real. Wilson didn't put a Wilson tag in the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by jbsportstuff View Post
    The more I look at this the more I believe that it isn't real. Wilson didn't put a Wilson tag in the neck.
    I belive that Wilson did put tags in collar in 1978 for both the Padres, Orioles, and Cubs with the year set tags below in the tail, so perhaps they did it for the Reds as well?

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Rose 78 Jersey. Dave M..did you authenticate this?

The photo of me in his listing has no connection to my LOAs whatsoever...it's a printout of my page on the link to MEARS staffers from several years ago when I worked there. If he doesn't show the LOA in the listing I'd be suspicious. I cannot recall one way or the other if I ever looked at this piece.

Dave Miedema

Does anyone think the year and set tag looks quite a bit more washed out than the rest of the jersey ?

Quote Originally Posted by 1970REDS View Post
    Does anyone think the year and set tag looks quite a bit more washed out than the rest of the jersey ?
    I did notice that very unusual wear. Plus have you ever seen a Wilson away jersey that has a tag in the neck? I haven't.

cool bio dave
    Ebay seller: mancaveauctions

Collecting Marlins Game Used jerseys, Jeff Conine,
    250 HR / 250 SB Club Members.

Dave...6'9" & 240...did you play any college hoops back in the day?

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    The photo of me in his listing has no connection to my LOAs whatsoever...it's a printout of my page on the link to MEARS staffers from several years ago when I worked there. If he doesn't show the LOA in the listing I'd be suspicious. I cannot recall one way or the other if I ever looked at this piece.

Dave Miedema

Banned

Cool Re: Rose 78 Jersey. Dave M..did you authenticate this?

mook:

Thanks. My first few years with MEARS were among the best hobby times of my life. Too bad it went south eventually.

Dewey:

I've never played basketball on any organized level...in grade school, our gym teacher never taught us HOW to play a sport...he just assumed we knew the rules, let the kids pick sides, threw the ball on to the court and acted as ref. There's no telling how different my life would be if I had been taught how to play before I was a senior in high school...and by then I was too raw and undisciplined to play in any competition level higher than my church's Monday night teens group.

And, of course...you know the old cliche, "White men can't jump?".

Definitely true in my case.

Dave Miedema

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post

Dave Miedema
    Wow - what a MUG? Last time I saw a photo like that it was at a Post Office with a "WANTED" caption.