Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Alex Rodriguez' 24th Grandslam Baseball...

... Your thought on the following questions.

1. Would the team/MLB special marked the baseballs for this event?

It is a pretty significant milestone in my opinion. And not too many current players would have a chance to break it any time soon.

2. What is the price/worth, would you put on this baseball - special marked or not?

If it is special marked and be authenticated as such, I would say about $10K - $15k. It might go for more if the public has a chance to bid on it.

If it is not, most likely - the team security or Alex security would ask to trade for it. Alex is a known collector for his significant milestone baseballs. I was at the stadium when Alex people were asking to retrieve back the 590-599 HR baseball.

3. If you caught it, what would you do?

I would give it back to Alex for a couple game used bats, jersey and (especially) fielding glove - always want one of those.

and if I dont get what I want, there is always an auction house willing to help me getting what I want, right?

Re: Alex Rodriguez' 24th Grandslam Baseball...

No. 23 is returned to Alex for a meet-and-greet and game used package.

Now that is cool.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/06/...and-slam-ball/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
    No. 23 is returned to Alex for a meet-and-greet and game used package.

Now that is cool.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/06/...and-slam-ball/
    Wonder how much A-hole will charge the kid. Due to the roids, I could care less about anything he does.M

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    Wonder how much A-hole will charge the kid. Due to the roids, I could care less about anything he does.M

Maybe he should have wait to send in his testing results on Monday - just like Ryan Braun.

I wonder, who do you collect? And how do you positively sure that they didnt use ANY type of enhancement?

Or is it that they didnt get caught doing it?

Just wondering!

NO one is clean in my book. They all have something to hide. We all choose to collect and "overlooked".

Quote Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
    ... Your thought on the following questions.

1. Would the team/MLB special marked the baseballs for this event?
    An interesting thought. Marked balls would only come into play when Alex Rodriguez is at bat when the bases are loaded. It's doable. Most of the time marked baseballs are for any at bat for a player without a set on base scenario so it's a matter of MLB having some foresight and wanting to document and verify the baseball. Very doable but will MLB implement a specially marked ball for such an possible record event.

Should the value of the baseball be any different? I think it matters whether its a clean catch or if a diving into the crowd of fan for a loose baseball. There are so many fans as witnesses so there is a good possibility that the baseball can be recovered honestly. Also it could go into a non fan area which would be less questionable.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I sure would love to own his 24th Career Grand Slam bat!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Make him an offer, you never know and at least you know you'll get a bat. I just think the guy is a turd and so are his stats. Over inflated just like his ego.

Make him an offer, you never know and at least you know you'll get a bat. I just think the guy is a turd and so are his stats. Over inflated just like his ego.

Aren't you a rose fan, and he never cheated or gambled on the game. Enough said

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post

If I caught the "special marked" baseball - the actual bat that hit the 24th Career GS wont be the only item I will be asking!

The jersey off his back along with the batting glove from the at bat - SIGNED and INSCRIBED as such.

The baseball itself would be more valuable to Alex and I dont think what I am asking for in return is not do-able.

Why is it that you feel the need to post comments like this? If you don't like a player, that's fine. But when people make a post like Joel did, it doesn't call for you or anyone else to jump in with comments like this about the player. This is one of the main reasons I don't post often.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~