Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Steiner authenticity questions?

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to the whole memorabilia collecting world, so forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question here. Anyways, my question is, has there been any reported instances of Steiner selling fake/non-GU items? I'm only wondering this because I just went to their site and found a Mike Cameron jersey that is being listed for it's 3rd time with only a $100 starting bid. Seems strange to me that it wouldn't sell when the price is so low. I plan on buying it so I'd like to know. Thanks alot guys!

http://auction.steinersports.com/cgi...aunbr=75575359

-Mike Given
    **ALWAYS looking for game used/issued Nike/Air Jordan sneakers**

Re: Steiner authenticity questions?

Hi Mike

Welcome to the site...

Since you are new to the site, here is a little help. On the right side of the top blue toolbar of each forum is a 'search' function. Click it, enter search word "Steiner" and about nine pages of threads about Steiner Sports will be displayed, many of them with the type of info you are seeking. Here's a quick link:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...searchid=32029

I am sure other GUU members will offer you their experiences also ... the search above is just for a jump start.

Good Luck.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

thanks for the help. however, the reason I hadn't used the search function in the first place is because I suspected it would provide little, or no answers to my questions. can anybody else shed any light?

Banned

Steiner is very reputable I higly doubt they sell anything Fake/bogus, but then again this is America lol lol.

I have dealt with/ bought many items from Steiner and I cant complain. They have an exclusive contract with the Yankees and recently just gained the Mets. As far as a Mike Cameron Jersey selling for cheap others may not agree with me but he's "Mike Cameron" not David Wright or Jose Reyes. In 12 seasons he has played with already 6 teams, his first season with the Mets his average was .231 and has a career average of .252 not exactly a star player and border line semi star, so why wouldnt his items sell for cheap?????

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Steiner is very reputable I higly doubt they sell anything Fake/bogus, but then again this is America lol lol.

I have dealt with/ bought many items from Steiner and I cant complain. They have an exclusive contract with the Yankees and recently just gained the Mets. As far as a Mike Cameron Jersey selling for cheap others may not agree with me but he's "Mike Cameron" not David Wright or Jose Reyes. In 12 seasons he has played with already 6 teams, his first season with the Mets his average was .231 and has a career average of .252 not exactly a star player and border line semi star, so why wouldnt his items sell for cheap?????
    ooh, burn! lol. I'll give you some reasons why I think it SHOULDN'T sell nearly that low.

1.) It's a Mets jersey. Regardless of the player, there is always a market for them
    2.) He is a former All-Star and two-time gold glove winner. At the age of 33, he's still one of the premeire outfielders in the league
    3.) Just this season, I saw a Cammy Mets jersey go for upwards of $425, and a few more recent sales around $200

Quote Originally Posted by cammy collector View Post
    thanks for the help. however, the reason I hadn't used the search function in the first place is because I suspected it would provide little, or no answers to my questions. can anybody else shed any light?
    Mike,

I think Mike Specht's suggestion is right on target. The search function will turn up many relevant threads and information for you.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Mike,welcome.The jersey is not for sale for $100-that's just the opening bid in what is a 17 day (remaining) auction. Let's guess where it will end at. My guess $370+

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post
    Mike,welcome.The jersey is not for sale for $100-that's just the opening bid in what is a 17 day (remaining) auction. Let's guess where it will end at. My guess $370+
    but see... that's exacty what my thoughts were as well. however I checked the completed auctions, and this exact jersey has already been listed, and ended without any bids, TWICE. I didn't think there could be any other possible explanation besides people questioning it's authenticity.

-Mike Given

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cammy collector View Post
    ooh, burn! lol. I'll give you some reasons why I think it SHOULDN'T sell nearly that low.

1.) It's a Mets jersey. Regardless of the player, there is always a market for them
    2.) He is a former All-Star and two-time gold glove winner. At the age of 33, he's still one of the premeire outfielders in the league
    3.) Just this season, I saw a Cammy Mets jersey go for upwards of $425, and a few more recent sales around $200

Cammy Just because an item doesnt sell or sells low you shouldnt automatically assume the seller is selling fake stuff.
    The truth is Miker Cameron is a NOBODY!!.
    I am not trying to knock you for who you like, but just ecause you hold high regards for him doesn't everyone else does.

1) Because its a Mets Jersey it should sell???? Who told you that?
    2) Former All Star / 2 Gold Glove Winner - SO IS HALF THE OF MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL, Again he may be a good Outfielder but has a terrible average.
    3) As far as what you have seen sell in the past - Well thats all in the moment if you get the right bidders at the right time. Thats all!!!

Jason,
    Have a cup of coffee and lighten up.

Abe