Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Did anyone ever see a pitcher's glove with open webbing (David Cone GU Glove)

Here's a glove I have from Upper Deck. Autograped Game Used David Cone Fielding Glove.

I have been trying to match this glove up to pictures, but without luck.
    Does anyone know if pitchers would use this style in a game?
    Let me know if you can help in any way. Thanks a lot
    tom
    TFig27@aol.com

Re: Did anyone ever see a pitcher's glove with open webbing (David Cone GU Glove)

he could have used it to shag balls when not pitching? Jeff

Re: Did anyone ever see a pitcher's glove with open webbing (David Cone GU Glove)

If could be a glove he used to shag flies with, or even a bullpen glove. But why would he even order a style like this? Thanks for the reply

please excuse my ignorance, but why don't pitchers use this type of glove? The only thing I can think of is that the hitter might be able to pickup different pitching grips and such. Someone please school me
    **ALWAYS looking for game used/issued Nike/Air Jordan sneakers**

Quote Originally Posted by cammy collector View Post
    please excuse my ignorance, but why don't pitchers use this type of glove? The only thing I can think of is that the hitter might be able to pickup different pitching grips and such. Someone please school me
    That was my only thinking as well. It is easier to hide the ball and grip in a closed-web. But, Cone may have used this in a game, I just can't find a picture yet.

bumping to see if anyone might have any info

That is the very reason pitchers use basket style or trap-eze web gloves, to help hide pitch grips better. Some have probably used open style gloves though at one time or another.

Jason