Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WadeInBmore
    • Sep 2007

Lets see your Frank Thomas GU items!

I'd love to see what items other collectors have in there private collections. I'll start with a couple. Can't wait to see what everyone has.

Here is my first post...Game Used and auto'd Reebok Red Fingered batting gloves. These became something of a grail item for me as he only used this style for a single season. Missed out on them on eBay as they went for an astronomical price, turned up at a MEARS auction about 2 months later and went for about half as much. Happy to have them in the collection...finally!
    Attached Files
  • WadeInBmore
    • Sep 2007

Re: Lets see your Frank Thomas GU items!

Here are the similarly difficult to find Red 35 Reebok Wristbands that, IMO, were designed to accompany these batting gloves.
    Attached Files

Comment

• spartanservitto
      • May 2010

2006 Gamer
      -Tony
      Attached Files
      sigpic
      Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
      My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
      My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Comment

• WadeInBmore
        • Sep 2007

Perhaps the best thing to come out of ESM. Love it! Do you still have the signed loa?

Keep em coming!

Comment

• WadeInBmore
          • Sep 2007

Lastly on the Reebok and Red issued gloves and wristbands I present my Frank Thomas glove, cir 1997-99. The missing thumb holder was going to be a deal breaker for me, but then I got to looking at some pictures and I began to feel better.
          Attached Files

Comment

• WadeInBmore
            • Sep 2007

Here is another example of how the card companies are ruining OUR hobby. This is probably one of the best examples of why its been so hard to track down a pair of those red fingered batting gloves! Talk about frustrating. When I first saw this card I gasped for air LOL Would I ever be able to find myself of pair for my collection, or had they all been chopped up and vultured for card use.
            Attached Files

Comment

• spartanservitto
              • May 2010

Yes, I actually bought it from www.gameusedsportsonline.com, they had it and I saw the inscription and recognized it from the ESM contract. I received the photo of thomas signing the bat with the signed LOA. Was a great purchase, they had one more and I wish I would have bought it.

They also had, at the time, 3-4 Robinson Cano signed and inscribed gamers on that website, the cheapest was $150 because it was a melvin mora model , still, wish I would have purchased EVERY single one. They capped at the time at about $300. What a steal that would have been.

-Tony
              sigpic
              Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto

Comment

• yankees506
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by spartanservitto

They also had, at the time, 3-4 Robinson Cano signed and inscribed gamers on that website, the cheapest was $150 because it was a melvin mora model , still, wish I would have purchased EVERY single one. They capped at the time at about $300. What a steal that would have been.

-Tony
                Dont worry Tony, two of the bats could not be located once I bought them!

Comment

• spartanservitto
                  • May 2010

Originally posted by yankees506
                  HAHA . Im glad someone bought them that appreciates them. Can you post pictures of the two just to refresh my memory. I have dwelled on this for years (seriously lol).

-Tony
                  sigpic

Tony Servitto

Comment

• spartanservitto
                    • May 2010

Originally posted by yankees506
                    WAIT, did they have them in stock or no !?!?!

-Tony
                    sigpic

Tony Servitto

Comment

• yankees506
                      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by spartanservitto
                      WAIT, did they have them in stock or no !?!?!

-Tony
                      Acording to gameusedsportsonline they where misplaced durring a storage move . Btw I almost purchased that thomas bat from them, been looking for one ever since and have kicked myself for not snatching it up!

Comment

• jsage
                        • Oct 2011

If anyone is intersted - I have a GU Frank Thomas Bat -Worth 1993 - that i would sell.
                        You may email direct.

jssage24@yahoo.com
                        Jerry Sage

Comment

• WadeInBmore
                          • Sep 2007

Here is my new item for the day. I didn't know what I was going to post next, but Jerry supplied me with a great segway...so without further ado, I present to you a pair of first year style Reebok batting gloves (circa 1993). Purchased from Mr Sage, thank you again. These are the more standard black on black style with white knuckles and white Reebok patch. I especially like how Big Franks number was written on the number flap...I have seen gloves with the number written and without.

Thanks for looking and enjoy!

Comment

• WadeInBmore
                            • Sep 2007

Todays update is another pair of batting gloves from 1993. BUT, this time, they are white on black with white Reebok patch and white knuckles. Number written on the strap. They show good use. Another unique pair of gloves to come across.

Lets see some more items from you guys!

Comment

• WadeInBmore
                              • Sep 2007

Todays update is going to fast forward us to the 2002 season with the Chicago White Sox. Frank clubbed 28 hrs, had 90 bb's, along with 92 rbi's, and 132 hits. Below is 1 of the estimated 3 team issued away jerseys from Frank's 02 season. It is appropriately tagged 02 48 S3 and shows excellent wear/game use.

After an injury plagued 2001 season that saw Big Frank in only 20 games, the 2002 season was one filled with challenges, hope, and frustration as he was only two years removed from his runner up performance for the al mvp award in 2000, but coming back from a very challenging leg injury. He had a lot to prove and a lot of catching up to do. Of note regarding his season, he managed to swipe 3 bases and gallop into 3B for his 10th career triple...proving to many skeptics that his leg had fully recovered and he was back on track to being that premiere ball player.

Comment

Working...