Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Lets see your Frank Thomas GU items!

Quote Originally Posted by yankees506 View Post
    Dont worry Tony, two of the bats could not be located once I bought them!
    WAIT, did they have them in stock or no !?!?!

-Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by spartanservitto View Post
    WAIT, did they have them in stock or no !?!?!

-Tony
    Acording to gameusedsportsonline they where misplaced durring a storage move . Btw I almost purchased that thomas bat from them, been looking for one ever since and have kicked myself for not snatching it up!

If anyone is intersted - I have a GU Frank Thomas Bat -Worth 1993 - that i would sell.
    You may email direct.

jssage24@yahoo.com
    Jerry Sage

Here is my new item for the day. I didn't know what I was going to post next, but Jerry supplied me with a great segway...so without further ado, I present to you a pair of first year style Reebok batting gloves (circa 1993). Purchased from Mr Sage, thank you again. These are the more standard black on black style with white knuckles and white Reebok patch. I especially like how Big Franks number was written on the number flap...I have seen gloves with the number written and without.

Thanks for looking and enjoy!

Todays update is another pair of batting gloves from 1993. BUT, this time, they are white on black with white Reebok patch and white knuckles. Number written on the strap. They show good use. Another unique pair of gloves to come across.

Lets see some more items from you guys!

Todays update is going to fast forward us to the 2002 season with the Chicago White Sox. Frank clubbed 28 hrs, had 90 bb's, along with 92 rbi's, and 132 hits. Below is 1 of the estimated 3 team issued away jerseys from Frank's 02 season. It is appropriately tagged 02 48 S3 and shows excellent wear/game use.

After an injury plagued 2001 season that saw Big Frank in only 20 games, the 2002 season was one filled with challenges, hope, and frustration as he was only two years removed from his runner up performance for the al mvp award in 2000, but coming back from a very challenging leg injury. He had a lot to prove and a lot of catching up to do. Of note regarding his season, he managed to swipe 3 bases and gallop into 3B for his 10th career triple...proving to many skeptics that his leg had fully recovered and he was back on track to being that premiere ball player.

Todays update advances us even further into the Big Hurts career as I share the first of two pairs of team issued, game used cleats from his Oakland playing days. For me, seeing Frank in any uniform other than a Sox uni is still a bit shocking, but there was a great allure in tracking down items with colors other than black and white.

The first pair is a custom Nike high top spike that seemed to be his favorite style while donning the A's colors as he can be seen in both 2006 and 2008 wearing this style. I think one of the most interesting aspects of these cleats is that you can really see how Nike transformed a pair of high top sneakers into baseball spikes...a style choice that seemed to be a popular trend starting around 2005/2006. It would seem that this frankenstein approach to cleat design made for a more comfortable feeling shoe.

This pair exhibits light use with some dirt marks and color toning...use that I would think would be fair assessment for a DH who saw limited action in the green and gold thanks inpart to another leg injury and mid season team change. Enjoy.

gentlemen great stuff. anyone venture to get a football or baseball item from when he was at Auburn or even seen a Team USA jersey of his?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

Thanks Wade. I've always really enjoyed your collection as Frank was one of my all time favorites.
    Who has a '90 Louisville out there, with nothing stamped under his name? I know I've seen one before, any pre '90 bats?

Talking Re: Lets see your Frank Thomas GU items!

I love this thread. Frank was one of the most feared hitters in my time. Guy was clutch. I purchased this bat off eBay where it didn't sell. Email the seller and come to a price. Who is the seller, you say? Dalton Saberhagen, the son of former KC Royals Bret. Doesn't get any better than that. Love this bat!
    Attached Images Attached Images