Todays update takes us back to 2005, the Chicago White Sox world series year and the last season that Big Frank would wear the Sox uniform. Like many years towards the end of his career, '05 was plagued with injuries and Frank saw some rehab time in the minors.

I've always wanted to nab a Thomas minor league garment, so when I saw that a forum member had this jersey I had to reach out and see if I could acquire it. The jersey features good use, most notably a renumbering. The #41 is an odd one IMO for Frank, but I have a theory that goes along with it. I believe that due to the stature of Mr. Thomas the only jersey that they had available in his size was currently number with 41 and another memeber of the team had been using 35. So the Big Hurt graciously used the 41 jersey and the team renumbered a warm-up in his size with 41.

From the 2005 season, here is Franks BP/Warm-up Jersey with the Charlotte Knights, a Sox affiliate at the time. Also included is a shot of Frank in their game uni's...showing his #41. This jersey was purchased directly from the team following Franks departure and was sold as being used by the big man himself.