Lets see your Frank Thomas GU items!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WadeInBmore
    • Sep 2007

Re: Lets see your Frank Thomas GU items!

Nick...

Unfortunately no Pockets just weren't that deep at that particular time. Kind of a bummer, but at the same time...kind of reassuring that the jersey actually exhists and hasn't been cut up by a card company yet One day.

You know, my biggest fear of collecting Thomas is that one day I will be priced out of collecting him (when he gets into the HoF)!!! Sometimes, random items, seem to spike in price for no real reason. I hope I'm wrong, but given past trends, I fear that I could be correct.

Over the years that 1990 Thomas bat has garnered many tempting offers...almost as many as my Andruw Jones F*ck You Ball bat If I see one, I will let you know.

wade

Comment

• WadeInBmore
      • Sep 2007

Todays update takes us back to 2005, the Chicago White Sox world series year and the last season that Big Frank would wear the Sox uniform. Like many years towards the end of his career, '05 was plagued with injuries and Frank saw some rehab time in the minors.

I've always wanted to nab a Thomas minor league garment, so when I saw that a forum member had this jersey I had to reach out and see if I could acquire it. The jersey features good use, most notably a renumbering. The #41 is an odd one IMO for Frank, but I have a theory that goes along with it. I believe that due to the stature of Mr. Thomas the only jersey that they had available in his size was currently number with 41 and another memeber of the team had been using 35. So the Big Hurt graciously used the 41 jersey and the team renumbered a warm-up in his size with 41.

From the 2005 season, here is Franks BP/Warm-up Jersey with the Charlotte Knights, a Sox affiliate at the time. Also included is a shot of Frank in their game uni's...showing his #41. This jersey was purchased directly from the team following Franks departure and was sold as being used by the big man himself.

Comment

• Nnunnari
        Banned
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by WadeInBmore
        Nick...

Unfortunately no Pockets just weren't that deep at that particular time. Kind of a bummer, but at the same time...kind of reassuring that the jersey actually exhists and hasn't been cut up by a card company yet One day.

You know, my biggest fear of collecting Thomas is that one day I will be priced out of collecting him (when he gets into the HoF)!!! Sometimes, random items, seem to spike in price for no real reason. I hope I'm wrong, but given past trends, I fear that I could be correct.

Over the years that 1990 Thomas bat has garnered many tempting offers...almost as many as my Andruw Jones F*ck You Ball bat If I see one, I will let you know.

wade
        Bummer you missed out on that jersey, it was one of a kind. I placed a bid, I believe around $1,500 but I actually just assumed that you were going to get that jersey no matter what it ended up going for.
        Let me know if you come across another '90 bat or earlier!

Comment

• WadeInBmore
          • Sep 2007

2008. Franks last MLB season. It had its ups and downs. Todays update takes us right back into the controversial release of the Big Hurt by the Toronto Blue Jays. For your viewing pleasure I'm happy to present the locker room nameplate that hung above Franks locker for his last game as a Blue Jay. Purchased direct from the Jay and MLB authenticated...if you look at the date, they removed it the day after he was released! This thing is huge!!!

Comment

• WadeInBmore
            • Sep 2007

Appropriate in size, characteristics, and markings I present this game used Chicago White Sox hat. Sweat stain included! A nice example of a Thomas hat.

Comment

• WadeInBmore
              • Sep 2007

Not game used, BUT one of my favorite items in the Thomas collection. This is a signed Topps contract from1990...from my estimation this is the second Topps contract that Thomas had in his career. Totally dig this.

Comment

• anthony3133
                • Nov 2010

Beautiful collection, Wade!!!
                When you get a chance, can you drop me a line?
                anthonylong31@hotmail.com
                Thank you sir,
                Anthony

Comment

• WadeInBmore
                  • Sep 2007

2007 Toronto Blue Jays White Home Jersey.

This coolbase Jays jersey is one of approximately 6 styles of jerseys that the jays wore in 07 as they were still wearing the classic knits. The jersey is MLB authenticated and was purchased directly from the Toronto Blue Jays. The jersey shows use/washwear...basically what you would expect to see from a DH.

Comment

• WadeInBmore
                    • Sep 2007

One of the tougher GU issues to find of Franks IMO.

Say No To Drugs. That is all.

Comment

• WadeInBmore
                      • Sep 2007

IMO the BEST thing to come out of Elite Sports Marketing, Frank Thomas HR bats as he approached 500...I believe they sold numbers 480-498 (+ or - one in the front/back side).

This was the first HR bat that I ever bought. HR #492, signed and inscribed as such by, my guy, Mr. Frank Thomas. Also accompanying this bat is a customized LOA specific to the bat and signed by Big Frank. Great ball markings and indentations from one of the games best hitters of all time (hands raised in defense, my opinion).

2007 was a historic year for Frank...on June 28th he hit HR#500. It was about 40 days prior that he connect for number 492 off of Edwin Jackson of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. It was a full count in the bottom of the third, with Vernon Wells on base. With the game tied at 1, Frank hit a deep line drive over the fence in left center.

Comment

• WadeInBmore
                        • Sep 2007

Haven't posted any additions in a good while. I wanted to share with you guys some of the items that I have managed to pic up in the last year or so.

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
                          • Feb 2014

Only thing I have is a cap that I think is from Aug 1994. Here's the GettyImages link:

And here are the images of the cap:

I hope this is worthy of being in this thread, since it's from his second MVP season, during which he put up an astonishing .353/.487/.729 line.

Comment

Working...