Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Don Larsen Auctioning '56 Uniform

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/don-lar...8161--spt.html

I wanted to share this story that was written courtesy of Yahoo.com. I thought it was great that Don Larsen is doing this for his grandchildren and I am curious how much that uniform would actually cost in auction

Re: Don Larsen Auctioning '56 Uniform

Being on the receiving end of this game Yogi's uniform got close to $600,000 a few years ago. I'd expect Don's to do much better. There's too many positive factors for it not to score big; no hitter, a Yankee, World Series, undisputable provence. I'll take a stab at $1.25-$1.5 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone90 View Post
    Being on the receiving end of this game Yogi's uniform got close to $600,000 a few years ago. I'd expect Don's to do much better. There's too many positive factors for it not to score big; no hitter, a Yankee, World Series, undisputable provence. I'll take a stab at $1.25-$1.5 mil.
    what the yankees shoud do is pay the grandkids tuition so larson can keep the jersey.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    what the yankees shoud do is pay the grandkids tuition so larson can keep the jersey.
    Bid it for $2.5 million and donate it to Yankees Museum where EVERYONE will have a chance to see the historical item.

Talking about ONE of ONE....

PS. It is a tax-write off anyway ... might as well and go with $3 million!

Anyone have an idea how much the Larsen perfect game jersey ended up going for?

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    Anyone have an idea how much the Larsen perfect game jersey ended up going for?
    $756,000

The winner of the jersey runs Gotta Have It Auctions.....I thought it might go for a higher number than that too.

Ben

Thanks Ben. I thought it would go for more then that too considering the historical signifcance.

I hope Larsen doesn't have a lot of grandkids he's trying to put through college with that money!

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    $756,000

The winner of the jersey runs Gotta Have It Auctions.....I thought it might go for a higher number than that too.

Ben