Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Re: 2012 ALL STAR Game Worn Batting Practice Jerseys

Smitty,

We understood you the other times.

Do you agree with the process of only some going first come first served and others going to the highest bidder?

Not a good practice.

I guess you got lucky and the one you wanted was not going to the highest bidder.

Pablo

Thanks to those that emailed/posted on the Balfour question.

Quote Originally Posted by BernBabyBern View Post
    I guess you got lucky and the one you wanted was not going to the highest bidder.
    No Pablo I didn't get lucky. I didn't get the jersey and I wasn't offered a chance to increase my offer.

I picked up the zobrist and would sell it at cost which is listed earlier in this thread, had an unexpected bulk buy opportunity come up that I would need funds for.

Also, to the point of what was posted about Harper switching jerseys. Is this commonplace?

I have long thought that there were 3 total all star jerseys that were made per player

1 - the workout day/HRD jersey or the gameday BP goes to topps for jersey cards
    2 - the opposite jersey of #1 gets sold
    3 - game issued autographed jersey that supports MLB's BAT program, hunt auctions used to sell them and Grey Flannel sold the 2003 jerseys, but I would think MLB will auction them online on their own site like they did last year.

However, this is a strange case....

Fernando Rodney wore a all star jersey in 2102 that read "ULISE" on the back for his father. I cna see it does say ULISE on the back of his jersye on MLB workout day. I have Fernando's 2012 GAME DAY BP and it reads RODNEY on the back - authenticated as used ( i believe I did have a photo as well at one point that showed RODNEY on the back). However this is strange...

On this jersey card below that was taken off of his "WORKOUT DAY" jersey, the letter N is the letter on the patch. Which means either rodney wore 2 jerseys on workout Day/HRD or the card isn't legit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-TOPPS-A...#ht_444wt_1065