Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Cool Re: 2012 ALL STAR Game Worn Batting Practice Jerseys

If anyone here gets or can put me in contact to get anything of Felix Hernandez, it'd be appreciated.
    Always looking for Seattle Mariners & anything of Felix Hernandez, Jay Buhner, Richie Sexson and Arthur Rhodes.

-Jeremy Morgan

Re: 2012 ALL STAR Game Worn Batting Practice Jerseys

if you sent me an email, I replied to you today. I really hope some of you got that rare ALL STAR item you were looking for. Keep me posted on what you got
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Big Thanks to Scott! Reserved a Billy Butler Jersey!

Thanks again!
    Ethan

ethanoahkc@gmail.com

Just some shots of some GU Warmup jerseys I have from previous years (all MLB Auth.) This has been posted here before, but there are 3 each of the all star warmup jerseys made and tagged by MLB. One is worn by the player at the homerun derby and workout day and is labeled as such in the database. One is worn by the player on gameday for BP and tagged as such. The other is signed and listed as autographed in the data base but not as used or worn. One of the worn ones is sold through MLB as the OP is discussing. The other worn one is cut up for cards. The autographed one is sold at auction for charity but is not worn by the player.

2011 Gio Gonzalez, Russell Martin, Ryan Braun, Gaby Sanchez all from workout day/HR derby

2012 Josh Johnson from game day and Chris Young worn during the HR derby which he participated in.

NO edit feature but the Johnson and Young are 2010 not 2012 obviously

Quote Originally Posted by mdube16 View Post
    Just some shots of some GU Warmup jerseys I have from previous years (all MLB Auth.) This has been posted here before, but there are 3 each of the all star warmup jerseys made and tagged by MLB. One is worn by the player at the homerun derby and workout day and is labeled as such in the database. One is worn by the player on gameday for BP and tagged as such. The other is signed and listed as autographed in the data base but not as used or worn. One of the worn ones is sold through MLB as the OP is discussing. The other worn one is cut up for cards. The autographed one is sold at auction for charity but is not worn by the player.

2011 Gio Gonzalez, Russell Martin, Ryan Braun, Gaby Sanchez all from workout day/HR derby

2012 Josh Johnson from game day and Chris Young worn during the HR derby which he participated in.

Very Very Very useful information. Thanks for breaking it down. I only thought 2 jerseys were issued to the player. Good to know only 2 are "worn"
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Question Re: 2012 ALL STAR Game Worn Batting Practice Jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by 5toolplayer View Post
    Very Very Very useful information. Thanks for breaking it down. I only thought 2 jerseys were issued to the player. Good to know only 2 are "worn"
    How does the MLB choose which worn jersey is sold to a buyer and which goes to card companies?

Also, isn't there another jersey that's issued for the players to keep? Or is that technically not an issued jersey?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

As I understand it, the last few years the card companies got the gameday BP jersey and MLB sold the HR Derby one. Since my 2010 JJ jersey is from the gameday its obvioulsy not a firm rule.

The players dont take home a jersey (or at least they arent supposed to although i understand it happens) They are truly only issued 2 of these. I think the ones they sign for the charity deal are kept elsewhere. Here is a shot of the NL locker room from 2012 and you can see just 2 jerseys hanginging in each players locker (one on each side)

Question Re: 2012 ALL STAR Game Worn Batting Practice Jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by mdube16 View Post
    As I understand it, the last few years the card companies got the gameday BP jersey and MLB sold the HR Derby one. Since my 2010 JJ jersey is from the gameday its obvioulsy not a firm rule.

The players dont take home a jersey (or at least they arent supposed to although i understand it happens) They are truly only issued 2 of these. I think the ones they sign for the charity deal are kept elsewhere. Here is a shot of the NL locker room from 2012 and you can see just 2 jerseys hanginging in each players locker (one on each side)
    Thanks for all that information; it is very helpful. What, then, explains the following item on MLB.com Auctions: Josh Hamilton game used BP jersey?

My contact at The Highland Mint says that last year they sold one of Hamilton's All-Star Game jerseys.

And a quick search on eBay reveals the following game-used ASG swatch: 2011 Topps Update All-Star Hamilton et al.

If your information is accurate, I'm befuddled by the existence of this other All-Star game used Hamilton jersey.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Thanks for all that information; it is very helpful. What, then, explains the following item on MLB.com Auctions: Josh Hamilton game used BP jersey?

My contact at The Highland Mint says that last year they sold one of Hamilton's All-Star Game jerseys.

And a quick search on eBay reveals the following game-used ASG swatch: 2011 Topps Update All-Star Hamilton et al.

If your information is accurate, I'm befuddled by the existence of this other All-Star game used Hamilton jersey.
    You know I saw that one too....I am thinking either..
    A) the MLB hologram wont state game used but rather just autographed
    or
    B) its the one that was sold by the Highland Mint that has made it way back to the Alumni association. You will note its not coming from MLB baseball but reads "You are bidding on a used batting practice jersey signed by Josh Hamilton. This item is provided by the Legends Memorabilia Collection of Major League Alumni Marketing ". Since none of the jerseys from the Highland mint are signed and this one is, its possible its either just the signed charity one OR they purchased the used one and Josh signed it. Either way Id love to know what the hologram number reads in the database.