Why would someone mark the knob entirely in black and still think it was used by Alex Rodriguez?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alex-Rodrigu...item2c6712de60

I asked the buyer for a better image of the LOA and have not been replied back to and then I found that it was sold thru Huggins last month at sold for $475

The PSA/DNA LOA reads (in part): "The C271 model was used by Alex Rodriguez at this stage of his professional career. A review of Alex Rodriguez's Professional Bat Ordering Record (PBOR), on file at Louisville Slugger Inc, indicates that as early as 1993 the Mariners were ordering bats for Alex Rodriguez bearing his name in block letters. We should also note that there are two orders for 33.5 inch bats in 1993. However, we cannot find an order for a 33 inch bat anywhere on Rodriguez's PBOR. Rodriguez's first signature bats were produced in the fall of 1995 and continued to the present day. We have been told that the owner of the subject bat acquired it from Alex Rodriguez in 1994 while he was a member of the Appleton Foxes, the Mariners Minor League affiliate."

I don't see anything said above that would associate this bat to ARod.