Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do you display batting/reciever gloves?

How do you guys display your gloves? Would putting them in a frame basically pressed against the glass damage the rubber palms of football gloves? I am just wondering if the finger material could possibly adhear to the glass after a period of time and cause the design to peel maybe?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Also has anyone here used mannequin hands and a little creativity to make a base and display the gloves in that mannor.....seems like some cool displays could be created.......TIA
    WTB or Trade for LSU GU Jerseys and other LSU GU items email me at gaytorhater703@gmail.com

Re: How do you display batting/reciever gloves?

I recently had this problem as well and ended up with a solution I'm really happy with: magnets.

I framed the receiver gloves in a display case and put one set of the magnets in the fingers of the gloves and the other set on the back of the frame. I was thrilled with how well it has held up and you don't have to puncture the gloves. I even moved recently with the frame and none of the magnets shifted. If the back of your frame is relatively thin, you should be able to get strong enough magnets for a buck or two at Lowes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Love the hobby! Always looking for Carolina Panthers, UNC Tar Heels, and Modern Day NFL Gamers.

I have a nice large standup display case & I cut out hand shapped card board cut outs & place them in the gloves. the cardboard makes it easy to shape the gloves as well. The display has a mirrored back so you can see both sides of the gloves, Most baseball gloves show the good useage on the palms & are signed on the back.

I will try to post a pic later if you want.

Just make sure its acid free cardboard if they are signed.

Wsohl

sure pics would be great....thanks.....also the magnet idea is pretty good...thanks for sharing
    WTB or Trade for LSU GU Jerseys and other LSU GU items email me at gaytorhater703@gmail.com

In a uv filtered acrylic case wanna say I paid 100.00 for the case,displays 1 pair nicely

I also cutout carboard and put inside the gloves so they diplay like their on a hand, and it shows all the use!!!

Here are a couple pics of the Display case & gloves. The cardboard works great.

12"x12" Shadow Box Frame. 12.00 at target or hobby lobby

My Michigan vs. Notre Dame game worn gloves. Frame from Michael's

Is it a shadow box style, and if so how are the gloves kept in place, if it isn't are the gloves firmly pressed against the glass?