Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How do you display batting/reciever gloves?

It's a shadow box. I stuffed them with tissue to make them 3 dimensional.

The gloves do touch the glass. I don't know if it will damage them or not.

thanks for all the replies......im sure just simply touching isnt a big deal.....i had some pressed into a normal frame where they were really really tight.....i switched the frames for a shadow box.....used cardboard cutouts for the hands.....and placed magnets in each finger and on the palms......came out great imo

one tip......if you use magnets wash them really good and wipe them well...they could leave a residue/rusty spots if you dont clean them
    WTB or Trade for LSU GU Jerseys and other LSU GU items email me at gaytorhater703@gmail.com

I frame my gloves using project frames that I purchased at Michael's. I use two pieces of foam board to prevent the gloves from being pressed hard against the glass. I cut the matting myself using a cutter that I bought at AC Moore.

gaytor hater,

i use small fishingline and feed throught parts of the gloves so it doesnt damage them into the back of the matte. they do not touch the glass. never use double sided tape. it will ruin ur item. hope this helps

Like the photos with the items. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by bd300 View Post
    I frame my gloves using project frames that I purchased at Michael's. I use two pieces of foam board to prevent the gloves from being pressed hard against the glass. I cut the matting myself using a cutter that I bought at AC Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
    Like the photos with the items. Nice.

Looks real nice BrianK

Here is what i came up with via the tips from this thread......shadow box, cardboard cutout inserts, matting with magnets......i would advise to clean the magnets really well even if they are new to eliminate residue first
    WTB or Trade for LSU GU Jerseys and other LSU GU items email me at gaytorhater703@gmail.com

Trent Richardson autographed gloves from 2010. Frame came from hobby lobby, not too expensive. I stuffed the gloves with gauze to help with the form. I had bought some "practice hands" from a beauty supply shop, but they wouldnot cooperate with the frame, so I removed them and used the gauze.

Here are a couple I've got up in my man cave:

The first is a Dwight Freeney signed, game worn, photomatched glove v. the Titans (I know it's his and I photomatched it because he handed it to me...haha) - pic of him wearing the glove is also in the shadowbox

The second is some BCA game used gear of Charger Jacob Hester - also found just 1 photo of him wearing the gloves and it's in the center.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

This is what I use. I've used them for years to keep my golf glove in shape between rounds. They are $2.99 at academy. I just cut the loop off the end and it displays nicely.

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...-1?N=558540827

Todd
    Todd Ricks
    www.freewebs.com/canseco44
    Always looking for Canseco Game Used Items
    Spideyman79@yahoo.com